Opinion Karl Oloapu

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d say the comment of “I’ll never wear that jersey” and refusing to train was enough for Brisbane to agree to move on.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Good chance that’s what the NRL was putting pressure on them for! They either would have had to offload a top 30 player to make him happy or let him move on. They know they did him wrong. No chance they wanted to let him go otherwise!
Maybe. It's pretty funny though that while everyone else was scoffing at the 500k price tag Gus saw a prized cookie and big dogged every other club before they could think twice about.

The spirit of Bullfrog lives on through Gus :hearteyes:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They’re all jealous and see we are the club on the rise and building something special
Most other teams are going in the opposite direction whilst we are on the up!!!!
Its all tigers fans which makes it so easy to clap back but fmd the irony lmao

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’ll never happen but conscription should be brought back as it was in their days.

Corporal punishment in schools should never have been totally banned.

Respect has been replaced by woke millennial’s who wouldn’t know shit from clay.
110%!!!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All preseason the words from Ciro have been about building our own identity, our own style. I think you might have hit the nail on the head with this theory. Burton may eventually wear 7. I mean, he was essentially the half that did everything last year anyway. Barking orders all over the park. I can see him becoming that half this year and honestly if he can drive the team and still be as dangerous as he is we don’t need the traditional organising 7. I’ve got a feeling this is Gus & Ciros plan. Everyone knows traditional game organisers are getting fewer and further between, so fuck it, we’ll play a game that doesn’t need one.
Burton is not a 7 at all in the way he plays. He is in the same ilk as Daley & Fittler. He is a runner not an organiser. A 6 that is more a centre than a 7.

That being said if CC can find a system that works with Mahoney as the central organiser. There is no problem with playing with two running 6’s. Without playing a traditional 7.

As long as the second running 6 is a right side dominant player. Because I cannot see Burton moving away from the left hand side.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All teams that finished Top 4 last year. Coincidence?
Apart from Townsend at the Cowboys.

I'm not really obsessed with who is organising / who is not. It comes down to what is the best talent available at that moment and then adapt it and make it your strength.

If this Oloapu is a gun you're not going to say well sorry you can't play in the halves because Burton is not an organiser and neither are you. A fair dinkum coach can adapt to that situation.