Kangaroos star Anthony Watmough says Sea Eagles stars won't follow Manly coach Des!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MANLY Kangaroo star Anthony Watmough has labelled the loss of Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler as a sad day for Manly’ but is adamant there won’t be a mass exodus of players from the club because of it.

In Newcastle with the Australian side to prepare for Sunday’s Test against New Zealand, Anthony Watmough today claimed club legend Geoff Toovey is ready for a coaching career at NRL level but stopped short of pointing the finger at Manly’s board for the club’s current coaching saga.

”It was a sad day for Manly in general [Hasler’s decision to link with the Bulldogs in 2013] but in saying that, it’s a business and he wasn’t able to run the business the way he wanted to and as a head coach, you want that.

"He had to do what’s best for him and there is no ill-feeling for that. We just have to head in the direction we are heading in and whatever it is, we just have to believe in it like we did with Dessie.

“As much as Dessie is an unbelievable guy, we have unbelievable guys in our team and unbelieveable talent and we’ll stick solid and still give them a good nudge.’’

“I’m not going to bag the board out over what’s happened because I don’t know what’s going on or what happened. Dessie had to make a decision for Dessie and I’m not going to hate on Dessie and I’m not going to hate on the board.’’

Watmough dismissed suggestions a number of teammates could follow Hasler out the door.

“The group of guys we’ve got, we’re solid and we’re tight and no one likes to walk away from that,’’ he said.

”You are not just going to leave 25 top blokes that are your best mates for a coaching member.’’

On Toovey, Watmough said:

”He’s pretty much our forwards coach now. He does all our videos and everything like that where as Dessie sort of takes a back seat there and lets him run it and that’s been happening for a couple of years.

"He’s been groomed by Dessie to take over and is a real Manly man so if we get him and he is our coach, then we’ll believe in whatever path he lays down in front of us.’’

Watmough also took a potshot at his critics who suggested he would not play for Australia again because of a supposed falling out with Sheens.

”I think there is a few people eaten their words,’’Watmough said.

”Look, I’ve never had an issue with Tim and when I came in [to camp], we had a laugh. He was one of the first people I saw. There is no issues there between me and him.’’

Follow @Telegraph_Sport on Twitter and like Telegraph Sport on Facebook

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
this will provide manly fans with some relief

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet we do get one or 2 players but in the end I hope it doesnt cost us any of our own.

Really all we need is a number 6 anyway so hopefully we can sort that out pretty quickly.

fra250

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only guys i would want is Kieran Foran and Tony Williams T REX.

They can keep the rest.

Foran and Hodgo in the halves is a 10 year combination.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I guessing we will only target Foran, we would be stupid if we didnt

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only guys i would want is Kieran Foran and Tony Williams T REX.

They can keep the rest.

Foran and Hodgo in the halves is a 10 year combination.
The Boy from Orange NSW Maloney!!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Melbourne say they would all stick together and take pay cuts when the salary cap scandal hit aswell ?

What happened there ?

I laugh at any idiot who takes these baboons seriously.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talk. means nothing.

And lol, speak for yourself Watmough. Nobody wants you anyway. Go slap another whore.

Last edited by a moderator:

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Can we remember that no player is going to say "Yeah, actually, we're all planning to follow Des. We don't want to play for Manly anymore." lol

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i rekon there might be a few players leave, but not an exodus, and if players want tto follow des, current bulldogs players shouldnt be shunted aside for manly players

Status
Not open for further replies.