Justin Hodges may make shock return for Broncos against Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TEST centre Justin Hodges may make a shock NRL return in a boost to the struggling Brisbane Broncos in Sunday's clash against Parramatta.

Hodges, who badly injured his knee in Origin I last month, resumed training with his club in a private session at Suncorp Stadium on Friday morning.

Skipper Darren Lockyer was unsure whether the Queensland three-quarter would be fit to return at Parramatta Stadium but Hodges will be assessed for duty on Saturday.

Brisbane have conceded a staggering 138 points in their last three losses to Melbourne, the Bulldogs and Cronulla, leaking more than 40 points in each game.

The Broncos would love to welcome back Hodges, one of the best defensive backs in the game.

Queensland Origin heroes Sam Thaiday and Israel Folau were rested from the closed-doors session due to post-Origin soreness but are expected to train at the Broncos' Red Hill headquarters on Saturday morning.

Lockyer said embattled NSW halfback Peter Wallace looked sharp and was determined to help turnaround the Broncos recent woes.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SHOCK!

Maybe he can help the half a million dollar winger with his "defence."

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
lol Brisbane are desperate. Love the fact that they are missing uncle Wayne.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No one gets injured more than Steve Matai. Every freaking tackle he sooks. Bloody wimp.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just came back from the hospital to treat my shock.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No one gets injured more than Steve Matai. Every freaking tackle he sooks. Bloody wimp.
Matai may get injured every week but "wimp" is not a word you can call him.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
"Lockyer said embattled NSW halfback Peter Wallace looked sharp and was determined to help turnaround the Broncos recent woes."

lol... he always look sharp in training.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matai may get injured every week but "wimp" is not a word you can call him.
I'd like to see someone that is about to be tackled by Matai call him a wimp...

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to see someone that is about to be tackled by Matai call him a wimp...

agreed.

there is a reason the guys shoulders are permanently farked. has something to do with axing blokes every week.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
"Lockyer said embattled NSW halfback Peter Wallace looked sharp and was determined to help turnaround the Broncos recent woes."

lol... he always look sharp in training.
Wallace is a fantastic player.
He is the halfback Brisbane have needed since Langer retired.

Anyone John's coaches turns to **** and he has a fantastic record to prove it, he was coaching the bulldogs haves last year 10x improvement from roberts and holdsworth after he left. Wallace in fantastic form as soon as he went to Origin has been **** since and ****tard coach like Bellamy bagging him out publicly is the worst possible thing you can do to a halfback under pressure, ridiculous. Meninga goes full defensive when people bagged out Thurston and Lockyer this year(which was LOLZ big time) Bellamy sacks his 5/8 after a bad game and bags his halfback in the press, 0-2 LOL!

ON topic. Justin God Hodges will be the saviour, the best centre in the NRL now just shift Folau to the centres, **** off Steve Michaels and stop changing hooker every week (and **** off Origin....) and woot we'll be back on track!

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

LOL @ anyone Johns coaches turns to ****. Do you really think the things he taught someone like Roberts isn't coming into play atm? There's absolutely no negative of having a great like Johns helping out in any team.

How's that cool half mil doing on the wing? God it will be sad if Broncos can't manage to beat Parra.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

LOL @ anyone Johns coaches turns to ****. Do you really think the things he taught someone like Roberts isn't coming into play atm? There's absolutely no negative of having a great like Johns helping out in any team.

How's that cool half mil doing on the wing? God it will be sad if Broncos can't manage to beat Parra.
Johns is a **** coach, his record proves just as much.
I didn't mention anything at all about his playing ability.
Playing ability DOES NOT = Coaching ability. How's the great Freddie Fittler's coaching career going?
Funny Moore was a dead average player at best who played about 7 first grade games yet has already proven that he's a better coach then Fittler will ever be. Gould wasn't a "great" player either but IMO he's a terrific coach, Bennett was a good player hardly a "great" player yet he's the best coach going around.

Stupid argument, if I think someone is a **** coach playing ability has nothing to do with it not everyone's born to be a coach and what are the "desperate" times and desperate "measures"? Bringing back a superstar player when he's fit is a desperate measure? Yeah great logic!

Kent Brockman

Kennel Established
Reaction score
they need him back.. they've seemingly been nothing without him.. which is strage as i do not rate him that highly

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No. Not even Hodges.

Remember, PigPenis. Cut vertical, not horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.