Opinion Just wanting to know your opinions

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably Topine over Reynolds. Waddell, Morrin, Hughes are better at NRL level.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell is our current best option at lock. Can play 80min

With a prop rotation of King, TPJ, Sutton & Morrin

That leaves Okunbor or an outside back option on the bench with one other. Is that Topine? Not sure?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is everybody’s opinion of Jackson topine yesterday I personally think he deserves a bench spot at least over someone like Waddell
Little to no imapct. Way too small for an NRL forward except maybe 9 and in no way is he a back.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine and Morrin are both undersize for modern day backrowers and will struggle to have an impact unless they can add creative skills to their game eg ball playing, foot work. Waddell is a lot bigger body and is a solid role player once he gets the dumb mistakes and penalties out of his game.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Waddell is a big body and plays some lock or forward role. He’s also gotten rid of that 2-3 guaranteed 6 again penalty he gave away 2021/2022. He is much more disciplined this year.

I was very much against Waddell back when we had the penalty crew of Hetherington, Elliot, JMK (who improved out of sight 2022) , Okunbor (mostly dropped balls). During Barretts era we had so many 6 agains against us the whole team was knackered at the 50th minute mark and we had no juice or field position to attack.

Topine has heart and energy but hasnt done enough to take someones starting spot, maybe Reynolds bench spot in 2024

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Topine hasnt done anything for me to wish he was in the FG side.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Topine would fit well once the Dogs are a top 8 team with great forwards.

I can see him as a backup 9 and 13, which means he plays a bench utility no14 role ONLY when we get all our forward pack in play and rolling. We got spanked by the ref and soufs however their is a place for Topine just not now with all our forward pack out injured.

Bulldogs need hard working clubmen (weve always had 2-3 in our teams) that complement gun attacking players. We just dont have that team right now to suit Topines role

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't agree with all this Topine has not done enough to earn a spot. This was his first game this year & was thrown in centres with an inexperienced Alamoti on the wing. None of our forwards would have done any better in the centres.
For any youngster coming through, the proving ground for progression into FG is the NSW cup. There they must consistently show good performances to be given an opportunity to prove themselves in FG. Despite his apparent size, he was the NSW player of the year, top the line breaks & try's amongst the forwards.
We have had many big boppers over the past few years who have added little value & have been moved on

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What is everybody’s opinion of Jackson topine yesterday I personally think he deserves a bench spot at least over someone like Waddell
Fucking shit centre!!!
I have been a critic of Waddell in the past but he seems to have improved this season.
Topine is behind him for now.