Junior Dogs for '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
straight from the horses mouth, he loves the dogs like crazy and wouldnt want to play for another club.
ya know both our marquee players that dogged us said that once before...

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After watching the Toyota Cup Semi twice I think that out of the squad who took the field last night Jamal Idris, Martin Taupau, Nathan Benney, Daniel Harrison and Jake Foster have big futures at the club. Of course there were players such as John Kite who didn't play who will also add to our club in the next few years. With the addition of players like Kimmorley, Ennis, Hannant and Morris these boys should learn a lot and prove very valuable to us in years to come.
2 that will definitely not maek it are :

Fawcett, Makatoa

gf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After watching the Toyota Cup Semi twice I think that out of the squad who took the field last night Jamal Idris, Martin Taupau, Nathan Benney, Daniel Harrison and Jake Foster have big futures at the club. Of course there were players such as John Kite who didn't play who will also add to our club in the next few years. With the addition of players like Kimmorley, Ennis, Hannant and Morris these boys should learn a lot and prove very valuable to us in years to come.
Good call! Idris Harrison and Kite have signed. Is there any definite word on Taupau, Benney and Foster?

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Idris is an absolute standout. He only just turned 18 and has only been playing league for a limited amount of time. The kid could be anything but it would be an absolute travesty if he wasn't in first grade from the get go next year.

I still have my doubts about Benny Barba. Brilliant weapon in attack when he can be bothered but goes missing far too often. Has a bit of Ben Roberts' problem, he can't organise a team. Definately no Thurston.

Taupau, Harrison and Foster are probably prospects for 2010. I really like Harrison, I see him as an Alan Tongue type toiler. He will not let anyone down.

Paki Afu - he is an exciting prospect. Fitness is his major issue. At times, he has problems with his hands. But he is a very damaging ball runner and along with Kite and Worsley at least one of them should come through and be a top grade prop.

Where was Josh Bishop? Was he injured. I have seen him play a few times and each time he was very impressive.

There is also some good young talent coming up next year with guys like Neenan Simpson, Ali Hijazi, Watson Namoa etc who will get much more time than this year.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Idris is an absolute standout. He only just turned 18 and has only been playing league for a limited amount of time. The kid could be anything but it would be an absolute travesty if he wasn't in first grade from the get go next year.

I still have my doubts about Benny Barba. Brilliant weapon in attack when he can be bothered but goes missing far too often. Has a bit of Ben Roberts' problem, he can't organise a team. Definately no Thurston.

Taupau, Harrison and Foster are probably prospects for 2010. I really like Harrison, I see him as an Alan Tongue type toiler. He will not let anyone down.
Paki Afu - he is an exciting prospect. Fitness is his major issue. At times, he has problems with his hands. But he is a very damaging ball runner and along with Kite and Worsley at least one of them should come through and be a top grade prop.

Where was Josh Bishop? Was he injured. I have seen him play a few times and each time he was very impressive.

There is also some good young talent coming up next year with guys like Neenan Simpson, Ali Hijazi, Watson Namoa etc who will get much more time than this year.
agree with you on most of that

only think i dont agree with is rob worsley, i really havent seen enough from him, in my opinion to rate him at all

Martin Taupau is the same age as Jamal and i believe will get his chance next year.. the only thing that is against him is that we have a bit more depth now in the forwards then we did this year where were able to blood John Kite.. But i also believe Kevin Moore is more into breeding the younger players and thats going to help the club alot!!

Paki Is also another player i rate hugely, if he can get fit, at the moment he can only really affect a game in 5-10 minute stints and then goes missing, and is very lazy in defence, in the sg ball semi final he missed a tackle leading to a try which turned the game against the roosters, just being lazy on the inside

Barba, just does not want to defend, and i agree with you can not lead a team, he brilliant to watch but goes MIA when the times get tough. Did nothing against brisbane when we need something, he only likes to get involved when something is given to him!

Massey i would have to say is the best prospect of that younger age, he is a brilliant player and would of loved to see him given the chance at fullback, his first try was on the left wing when he was playing on the right wing, even the week before against canberra, every half break that was made he was there trailing!! i think his best position is fullback and once his given a shot there he will cement his spot! i honestly think he is better then Neenan, nothing against neenan though, also a great player, but like barba might go MIA or wont defend! massey saved a try last week against canberra not giving up chasing two players down

Josh Bishop got injured few weeks ago, also another outstanding player on his day who can cover centre and backrow

I think Nathan Smith and Rhys Jack are highly over rated, and wont make it to much further, same with Jimmy Fawcett. Linton price is a very good hooker as well as Josh Reynolds and i think they have better futures

Sene Tala defence needs some touching up, but he has a tremendous amount of talent as well

robdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
straight from the horses mouth, he loves the dogs like crazy and wouldnt want to play for another club.
i hear the rorters offered Idriss a crazy amount of money ,Maybe next time around it will cost us ....rightfully so.Good to see the kids loyal.

R

Realist

i hear the rorters offered Idriss a crazy amount of money ,Maybe next time around it will cost us ....rightfully so.Good to see the kids loyal.
Idris was spat on and called a stick thrower by a rossters player in ball this season may have something to do with it

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Idris was spat on and called a stick thrower by a rossters player in ball this season may have something to do with it

No he wasnt

R

Realist

No he wasnt
Oh really i was in the crowd and people heard racist remarks that day

Jamal didnt look to happy about it i could be wrong though

A

Al.Bundy

As was I. Jamal was pissed off hard. Good think the coach pulled Idris off because he would have killed the bloke if he had stayed on.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
It would have been good to see Jamal smash the rorters player :p

Nahh it's good to hear that he hates Roosters.. he won't be going there anytime soon!

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with everything you've said. But I would add Natan Benny and Jake Foster to the list.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
jamal was aimed at with racial slurs which was disgusting, but was not spat at, what i was told

A

Al.Bundy

jamal was aimed at with racial slurs which was disgusting, but was not spat at, what i was told
I didn't see the spitting. I thought whilst reading this thread that I must've missed it.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
01. Neenan Simpson
02. Peter Tuiafiso
03. Josh Bishop
04. Alvin Matavao
05. Kele Niusere
06. Ben Barba (Nathan Massey if Barba in FG)
07. Adrian Davis
08. Martin Taupau
09. Linton Price
10. ?
11. Nathan Benny
12. Watson Namoa
13. Nathan Dib

14. Josh Reynolds
15. Paki Afu
16. Albert Boaza
17. Salamo Seitula

Looks a strong side, just some depth needed in the props, they'll probs rope in some from the country. As long as people don't play selfish it'll be a pretty good team.

A

Al.Bundy

01. Neenan Simpson
02. Peter Tuiafiso
03. Josh Bishop
04. Alvin Matavao
05. Kele Niusere
06. Ben Barba (Nathan Massey if Barba in FG)
07. Adrian Davis
08. Martin Taupau
09. Linton Price
10. ?
11. Nathan Benny
12. Watson Namoa
13. Nathan Dib

14. Josh Reynolds
15. Paki Afu
16. Albert Boaza
17. Salamo Seitula

Looks a strong side, just some depth needed in the props, they'll probs rope in some from the country. As long as people don't play selfish it'll be a pretty good team.
Ali hijazi, marmite barba

Status
Not open for further replies.