Judiciary news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm confused what's a shoulder charge? Evan on kasiano is not a shoulder charge cause no whip lash Isaac on JT no charge even though JT was whip lashed
LMAO

You should be in charge of the NRL, they have no idea as well.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Whiplash? What does that have to do with anything? Lol. If the player tucks their arm down their side and leads with the shoulder first then that is a shoulder charge
Isn't that in the rules that's why Evan got off the charge ?
well if there arm is down by there side it's a shoulder charge Isaac done that then he should be charged?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
well if there arm is down by there side it's a shoulder charge Isaac done that then he should be charged?
yeah it is and why they changed it

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think what a lot of people are missing here and I have heard it said so many times that it was a rule change: no it was not a rule change. A shoulder charge has always been defined as impact with the shoulder in which a player does not make an attempt to tackle ( i.e.. the arms are not away from the body) What they did was close a loophole in the rule by adding the word force. So really when you look at it a shoulder charge before is not that much different to what is classed as one now.

FROM RULES OF THE GAME 2015

SHOULDER CHARGE is where a defender, without attempting to tackle, grab or hold the ball-carrier (or any opposing player) using the arms or hands, makes direct physical contact with
the shoulder or the upper arm (tucked into the side).

Shoulder Charge See Note, Section 15 point (k) page 38 (This section deals with misconduct)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Boxer i remember them saying that about the whole whiplash bullshit is why he got off. The NRL are nothing but hypocrites and are always contradicting themselves.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just seen Guerra got found not guilty aswell. Does this open up more questions, i think so.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just seen Guerra got found not guilty aswell. Does this open up more questions, i think so.
The NRL are a shambles. I got an idea ;so there are no misunderstandings in the future about anything why don't we do away with the rules, the officials and let them play the game just like backyard footy.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
An embarrassing night for the NRL.

If there wasn't confusion before, there sure as **** is now.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FROM RULES OF THE GAME 2015

SHOULDER CHARGE is where a defender, without attempting to tackle, grab or hold the ball-carrier (or any opposing player) using the arms or hands, makes direct physical contact with
the shoulder or the upper arm (tucked into the side).

Shoulder Charge See Note, Section 15 point (k) page 38 (This section deals with misconduct)
As fans we shouldn't have to be looking up exact sections in rule books to understand it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Whiplash? What does that have to do with anything? Lol. If the player tucks their arm down their side and leads with the shoulder first then that is a shoulder charge
i agree that they need clear cut rules to eliminate the amount of interpretation involved in these decisions. Your definition seems obvious enough to most of us who follow the game yet the morons running the game can't seem to get their heads around this. A simpler interpretation of what is illegal play leads to a smoother judicial process. It really isn't rocket science.

The problem is the media uses something like whiplash to argue that all shoulder charges are dangerous regardless of whether there is contact with the head and then the reactionary dickheads at the NRL start looking at whether whiplash has occurred in a tackle and factors that into the judicial process.

Whether we agree with the point the media is making or not the twits running the game are missing it. The point the media is trying to make is that a shoulder charge involves extra g force compared to a normal tackle and is therefore more likely to create a whiplash effect. Therefore all shoulder charges are potentially dangerous.

It really shouldn't be that hard for Smith, Greenberg and co to understand.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NRL: You cannot shoulder charge.
PLAYER: *shoulder charges*
NRL: You are cited for a shoulder charge.
CLUB: We will fight this.
*several brown paper bags of money later*
NRL MRC: That's not a shoulder charge off you go.

FANS: "What the **** is going on with the game I love!!"

The game has officially become a ****ing joke.

Seriously NRL big wigs.. Unban the shoulder charge, revert it to the "if you hit the head it's a penalty", and lets move on the with things.

OH WAIT .. we can't do that because that would be showing how completely ****ing incompetent we are that we bring in a rule and renig on it (because its a ****ing stupid idea) several weeks/a season later.

I'm seriously VERY close to turning off the game and not looking back until Super League v2.0 kicks into gear and wipes these amateurs away.

Greenberg, Smith, Grant, have all destroyed the game we once loved.. I wish they'd all **** off immediately.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

FANS: "What the **** is going on with the game I love!!"

The game has officially become a ****ing joke.

Seriously NRL big wigs.. Unban the shoulder charge, revert it to the "if you hit the head it's a penalty", and lets move on the with things.

OH WAIT .. we can't do that because that would be showing how completely ****ing incompetent we are that we bring in a rule and renig on it (because its a ****ing stupid idea) several weeks/a season later.

I'm seriously VERY close to turning off the game and not looking back until Super League v2.0 kicks into gear and wipes these amateurs away.

Greenberg, Smith, Grant, have all destroyed the game we once loved.. I wish they'd all **** off immediately.
makes sense about the brown paper bags. The way it's run seems like they're not accountable to anyone

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not so long ago, all the brown paper bags in the vicinity of Redfern were filled with bottles of cheap booze, not cash.

Damn you Russell Crowe! Oh for the good old days!

Status
Not open for further replies.