Joshua Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, Josh's long kicking game is underrated. He almost always manages to find turf. Short kicking game is mediocre but mbye seems to be good at those grubbers.
Josh's kicking game is the best of our 3 halves. He's the only one with a decent long kicking game, he's the only one who can kick 40/20s and his short aerial kicks are good too.
His problem is he lacks the ability to stop grubbers in goal.
I don't think we lose much replacing hodko with josh, assuming he can keep himself on the field.
(Please josh, no stupidity)

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he fit for this week?
Hope he can fix Saturday's defense woes.
His enthusiasm can only add positive vibes, its his enthusiasm thats his problem, if things don't go well he goes ballistic, its a fine line, we gotta live with him.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will create some oppurtunities on our right side as well. I have no doubt we be more lethal in attack, its just the ability to control games that worrries me.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Reynolds has some games to make up ,I think he is ready to kill it

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well our 2016 season has basically started and what a way to start... Warriors to have a bit of practice and then straight into finals with our future halves. Let's hope like everyone is saying we did the right thing and let go hojo but my mind is telling me we did a big mistake with current form. Seriously thought were the hell was his form during the year... Shits me to bits

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm excited to see Joshua back . I hope in his time off he's watched footage of his games and taken notes.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds has plenty big gamd experience and so does his coach. Glad he gets a warmup against warriors though ciz he often is rusty when hes coming off a break. I reckon he will be fine. At least next years halves combo will get some finals experience together.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh's kicking game is the best of our 3 halves. He's the only one with a decent long kicking game, he's the only one who can kick 40/20s and his short aerial kicks are good too.
His problem is he lacks the ability to stop grubbers in goal.
I don't think we lose much replacing hodko with josh, assuming he can keep himself on the field.
(Please josh, no stupidity)
As long as he plays to his strengths he should be OK. Kick to touch is good. Alway out on the 10 meter line. Early ball to center.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we had a controlled kicking game we'd win the comp.
As it stands, our kicking game is a lottery, on a bad day it can cost us games.
It's one of the main reasons why we haven't cracked the top 4 in the past 3 seasons.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i think we will be ok, this is our halves combo moving forward anyway. As long as grub doesn't try and over play his hand too much and no brain explosions. Oh yeah grub has to take over kicking duties from Mbye too, Mbye is great with ball in hand he just has a lousy kicking game at this stage.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Reynolds and Keating can guide us to a gf I'm sure Reynolds and Mbye can.
Barba and our forward pack guided us to the 2012 GF, Reynolds was a support player and Keating was just solid at best. B Morris is great but isn't anywhere near 2012 Barba

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba did fuk all in 2012 finals series and the GF.

We are a more balanced team and have more strike power across the park. I also think our forwards are in better form. Good service from Cook should put less pressure on our halves.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Barba did fuk all in 2012 finals series and the GF.

We are a more balanced team and have more strike power across the park. I also think our forwards are in better form. Good service from Cook should put less pressure on our halves.
Thats true.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Is he back this week? Our main weakness is the defence of Reynolds lafai and perrett on the right side

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has so much strike around him now that he shouldn't feel the weight of expectation to do it all on his own, give early ball, take the line on ONLY when a gap opens up and a solid kicking game and that's all we want from him nothing more, the rest will take care of itself
JR is at his best when he doesn't try to over play his hand. Instead, just react to what's in front of him and he can be awesome. His game against Canberra earlier this year was top shelf. If he can play like that then we'll be a real threat.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Not afraid to say this. In before Marley also.

Josh Reynolds could potentially be our Xfactor during the finals.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
2 quick halves and a quick hooker. Sounds good

Status
Not open for further replies.