Josh Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I know we lost tonight but I thought there were some positives.I also know how polarizing Josh Reynolds is to Bulldogs supporters,but Fair Dinkum if he wasn't on the field tonight it could have been ugly.Yes he can do some STUPID things on the field but his PASSION and COMMITMENT to this team can't be denied.I thoroughly enjoy watching this bloke run out in the Blue & White every week coz I know that whether it's good,bad,smart or stupid at least I know he is giving 100% effort.That is something that when we are at our worst we lack.There were plenty of instances of that tonight esp in the first half & I think Reynolds was one of the main sparks in turning that around.
Anyway I don't expect you all to agree with me but am interested in opinions.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately passion doesn't win you games and it time for Reynolds to go, I lost count tonight of how many times he stuffed up in the oppo 20m, he can't kick to save his life, his defence is average at best and all he does is run sidewards all game.

I know that he needs help from Mbye but neither of them will lead us to a premiership as our starting halfs pairing.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't agree sorry. It's great that people want to see his positives but you need to look at the negatives too. The player that turned things was Kas.

He lost the ball in key position due to trying to play it too quickly, lost a ball while we were attacking because he tried to pick it up with one hand.

He needs to calm down and be composed, as one of the commentators said you rarely see Cronk do those types of things.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds was one of our best. Had some moments that hurt us badly. Some of those moments could easily of been penalised against the storm (if it was Reynolds doing it to them they would of been awarded for sure) that said he still gave us a lot
More then he cost. He belongs in the halves a lot more then mbye

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All he did was pass to brenko or run tbh. Was probably our most effective player at times mainly because we ran the exact same play all night long. I'm just over the side, i don't care whos leaves anymore as long as Des is the first to go.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
WHAT ABOUT REYNOLDS EXTREMELY SLOW PLAY THE BALLS, WHO IS MORE MENTALLY LIABLE UNSTABLE BETWEEN REYNOLDS AND KASIANO

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I know we lost tonight but I thought there were some positives.I also know how polarizing Josh Reynolds is to Bulldogs supporters,but Fair Dinkum if he wasn't on the field tonight it could have been ugly.Yes he can do some STUPID things on the field but his PASSION and COMMITMENT to this team can't be denied.I thoroughly enjoy watching this bloke run out in the Blue & White every week coz I know that whether it's good,bad,smart or stupid at least I know he is giving 100% effort.That is something that when we are at our worst we lack.There were plenty of instances of that tonight esp in the first half & I think Reynolds was one of the main sparks in turning that around.
Anyway I don't expect you all to agree with me but am interested in opinions.
Honestly how far is passion and commitment gonna get him? Personally I'm tired of hearing this excuse year in year out. The way the team is set out we don't have the squad to make the 8 let alone to make the GF and yet no improvements were made in the off season.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
My point is that sure he ain't in the top 5 or 6 halves in the comp but he brings something to this team that can't be measured and we would be a hell of a lot worse off without him.It's like Jack Gibson said "I'd rather see a player make a mistake by trying something positive than by doing nothing" or something along those lines.We need more players like him coz at times tonightin the first 20 minutes we looked completely disinterested.Agree that Kasiano was also responsible for our comeback and he needs to spend more time on the paddock at the expense of Tolman.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will never be the organising leader, but he's a good 5/8. He just needs a good 7 next to him. How can we pay Mbye so much money to do nothing, how????

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Honestly how far is passion and commitment gonna get him? Personally I'm tired of hearing this excuse year in year out. The way the team is set out we don't have the squad to make the 8 let alone to make the GF and yet no improvements were made in the off season.
Mate it's gonna get you a hell of a lot further than someone who don't give a shit!!

Reactions: DT

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't agree sorry. It's great that people want to see his positives but you need to look at the negatives too. The player that turned things was Kas.

He lost the ball in key position due to trying to play it too quickly, lost a ball while we were attacking because he tried to pick it up with one hand.

He needs to calm down and be composed, as one of the commentators said you rarely see Cronk do those types of things.
I agree with this, he tried to hard. But when you have the future origin halfback for qld refusing to take control and call for the ball, Reynolds mistakes stick out like a sore thumb

Reactions: DT

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Damien cook is looking good at the rabbits!

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

In all fairness melbourne were all over him in the play the ball. if that was us against the storm a penalty would have been blown 100%...
We sucked, but storm had free reign, offside on their tryline all night and the wrestle was horrendous

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well you can't deny our only win at Belmore in recent history was with Hodko and Mbye playing in the halves.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In all fairness melbourne were all over him in the play the ball. if that was us against the storm a penalty would have been blown 100%...
We sucked, but storm had free reign, offside on their tryline all night and the wrestle was horrendous
I'm with you on that one, it deserved a penalty. But even last year I can remember people talking about a great try he scored in a game while ignoring errors he made which led to the opposition scoring.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm with you on that one, it deserved a penalty. But even last year I can remember people talking about a great try he scored in a game while ignoring errors he made which led to the opposition scoring.
spot on, im not defending him, gave up on that 2 years ago haha. Hes just simply not a 5/8, halves create, hes an energetic support runner now and nothing more

Status
Not open for further replies.