• Moses Mbye

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club could only keep the one, who would you keep at the club, Josh or Moses?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It depends on who we end up with in the other halves spot

?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly
I'd prefer mbye,
But in saying that Reynolds offers bigger moments than mbye
But mbye doesn't fuk up as much

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye. Not just for on the field but his personality off the field

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a 5/8 would prefer to keep Mbye. Reynolds is 27 and has had plenty of time to step up by now.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds due to his enthusiasm and experience

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
As a 5/8 would prefer to keep Mbye. Reynolds is 27 and has had plenty of time to step up by now.
27 is usually the time most halves and 5-8ths peak and play their best footy, but then again I'm thinking of the old days?
Can't speak for today, but it is ludicrous to expect a boy to come into first grade and be playing expert footy straight off the bat!
There are only so many players who can step into the top grade and play top grade footy from the start!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we have a dominant half back, then id have Reynolds as his support act. You can count on Reynolds to do something or at least try to when the team is behind.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds is improving and was a big part in a number of our wins, and goes down fighting in our losses. Cant say he doesnt try his butt off. And his error and penalty rate has gone down heaps. When our attack clicks his running across the field, and passing to players running lines, throw in the odd dummy, goes well.

I think the kicking game of him and Mbye is dictated by Des being too low risk.

MBye just needs time. I am still trying to understand why people are so impatient with MBye. Hes been in the role a few months. Hes done some very good individual things and scored some great tries. Won us matches. But he just isnt good at organising the attack yet. That will come. How is 9 rounds enough time to judge how he will be long term?

JT couldnt tackle a dummy when he first played for us, despite being twinkle toes in attack. He played like an under 20s player.So even JT had flaws in the beginning is the point

Half isnt like a forward as far as adjusting to the role goes. Forwards: catch the ball, run hard, you are effective. Same with wingers. Catch the ball, run even faster, be good at getting over the tryline, you are effective. Halves have a lot more to do and learn. Thing that has MBye on the backfoot is he wasnt groomed as a half all along, and has started with natural talent running the ball, but little experience running a team or game as half in FG. By the end of this season he will triple his experience in the role. Im not going to form any kind of serious opinion about him unti the end of the year. Dont expect him to be JT by the end of the season, but he should show improvement as time passes.

So to answer the thread there is no vs. One is our number 6 and the other our 7. So because i cant vote both of them, im not voting. Its too soon to write off MBye or Reynolds

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds seems to have got all that shit out of his game and has matured, seems to have better decision making at the right times this year.... People forget that this is the first season they have played together in permate spots.
I reckon they goin ok.
But the questions a tough one, can we have a couple more games before answering lol

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses is faster and a better passing game
Reynolds is cheaper
Moses is younger
Reynolds has more passion
Both are shit kickers

I'm leaning towards Moses he has more potential

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mbyes biggest problem is its been more than 11 years since we won a premiership. Obviously a lot of people dont have patience for players with potential they want a premiership yesterday. Some fans who are teens now cant remember when we won last. Maybe im more patient coz ive seen us win 5. A souths fan my age has seen 2. Only Broncos have won more than 5 in my lifetime.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's pretty 50/50. They're both great players in my opinion, but need to have a Halfback to partner them and manage the team. These guys are both running halves, not being able to play their natural game.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll say it again. If Reynolds goes, so does whatever little bit of the culture that made the bulldogs of old what they were goes too.

He's the only one who shows passion, pride and loyalty. No one else wears the jersey with the pride he does.

Clear choice for me. I'd rather watch our team go down fighting than just showing up to get paid.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye. Not just for on the field but his personality off the field
Trust me- off the field he is an absolute stuck up asshole. Money has gone straight to his head and has blurred his image of fan engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.