Josh Reynolds to miss five weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are set to be without five-eighth Josh Reynolds for five weeks due to a hamstring injury.

Reynolds suffered the injury late in the first half of Canterbury's Round 9 win over the Canberra Raiders.

The five-eighth was sent for scans last week to determine the extent of the injury with results showing he will spend the next five weeks on the sideline.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So back round 16. After the Bye round

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
5 wks for a hammy.. shouldn't take more than 4 wks for a high graded tear.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
5 wks for a hammy.. shouldn't take more than 4 wks for a high graded tear.

Hamstring Strain Recovery Times

While every hamstring injury and the demands of your sport differ, here are some general hamstring strain recovery times when you follow an optimal physiotherapist-guided rehabilitation program.

Grade 1 - 1 to 3 weeks

Grade 2 - 4 to 8 weeks

Grade 3 - 3 to 6 months. These may also require surgery.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol are you serious? Bad hammy tears can take months. Even when the feel strong and healed they still are very susceptible to re-injuring.
Your right there is a high chance of re-injury but ive done a grade 2 and 2 grade ones before. The grade 2 took 1 wk for me to walk normal and a month before i could sprint on it. I was 25 and had no physio work done to it.

The grade ones took a couple of days to walk normal then anothet 3 wks before i could sprint. The problem was i didnt do the same hammy i did the opposite due to the strain on the other whilst healing.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

While every hamstring injury and the demands of your sport differ, here are some general hamstring strain recovery times when you follow an optimal physiotherapist-guided rehabilitation program.

Grade 1 - 1 to 3 weeks

Grade 2 - 4 to 8 weeks

Fcuk google... im going on experience.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'd like to know... why has it taken over a week for this news to come through? Would we have played this week if it wasn't rep round and not known why Reynolds was missing??

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fcuk google... im going on experience.
Grade 2 for a spartan is usually 5 weeks as a minimum, bare in mind they are sprinting and doing sudden movements all the time. Recurring injuries are a massive risk.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Grade 1 - 1 to 3 weeks

Grade 2 - 4 to 8 weeks

The way he pulled up I reckon 8 weeks.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Grade 2 for a spartan is usually 5 weeks as a minimum, bare in mind they are sprinting and doing sudden movements all the time. Recurring injuries are a massive risk.
I said 4 considering they get some of the best medical support therefore their recovery situation would be different

Brett morris did a grade 2 on good friday.. he was back in 4.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey do you guys mind just wrapping him in bubble wrap and giving him the rest of the season off? He should be really fresh for next year then.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hey do you guys mind just wrapping him in bubble wrap and giving him the rest of the season off? He should be really fresh for next year then.
No problem.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
#yourcrabnow

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be a real blessing in disguise. Des can no longer fuck with his combinations. Sink or swim for Frawley. Actually, I think he'll step up. And Mybe can focus on what he's good at, running. Lichea's dodged a bullet and will see this as a second chance.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'll be alright, tough kid. Almost injury free over the last 6 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.