Josh Reynolds says the Bulldogs don’t need Luke Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye and Brooks will be mighty fine for me. Im happy for Reynolds to play off the bench...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol. We all know anything can happen though,
Obviously. But every couple of days the media wanna pump out a new article on Mbye and just write shit based off a couple quotes lol. Jackson and Klemmer have been in negotiations since last year yet the media has very little interest in publishing anything about that. Really, people just need to get over it and stop getting worked up over this clickbait.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye and Brooks will be mighty fine for me. Im happy for Reynolds to play off the bench...
Reynolds off the bench?
Halves need to play 80 minutes,
Des likes an 80min hooker,
Can't have him on the bench for just in case,
How would you use him off the bench?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think with Salary cap restraints that if we were to sign Brooks we wouldn't have the cash for Moses. Des won't be throwing marque money at 2 halves.

Reynolds is a budget half and his money wouldn't cover the amount of cash it would take to lure Brooks nor is he off contract this year and we would likely be stuck paying out his contract if we were to move him on.

Rumours we are circling a new half would have Moses considering his options. If the hold up is coming from the club arguing certain clauses he could be suss that they may be looking to lure Brooks at his expense. JR obviously would prefer Mbye over Brooks and when questioned by the media about it answered them honestly. He has been in the papers a lot this year already, but his comments have been refreshing and are showing a more mature side of him (at this point)

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds off the bench?
Halves need to play 80 minutes,
Des likes an 80min hooker,
Can't have him on the bench for just in case,
How would you use him off the bench?
To be honest didn't give it to much thought, i like Reynolds however i don't think he is the answer. I'll rather a genuine half like Brooks and Mbye to 5/8. Where that leaves Reynolds i don't know. I like Reynolds passion and the guy gives his all each week and can at times play some great footy.

I just feel that our halves still need more and in my opinion a Brooks / Mbye combo could possibly do that.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest didn't give it to much thought, i like Reynolds however i don't think he is the answer. I'll rather a genuine half like Brooks and Mbye to 5/8. Where that leaves Reynolds i don't know. I like Reynolds passion and the guy gives his all each week and can at times play some great footy.

I just feel that our halves still need more and in my opinion a Brooks / Mbye combo could possibly do that.
I tend to agree with you,
I just hope Reynolds finds somthing we haven't seen from him yet,

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you,
I just hope Reynolds finds somthing we haven't seen from him yet,
Same. I hope we win the comp and Reynolds has the last laugh at all the doubters like myself. So far this year he is playing well and is showing some form ..

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Same. I hope we win the comp and Reynolds has the last laugh at all the doubters like myself. So far this year he is playing well and is showing some form ..
I like JR I think his limited cause of des that MO

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is all too confusing for me. Moses signing has advanced from being an on the verge of signing, to being an imminent signing, and now to he could still walk away? What is happening?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des wont pay overs for a half, and he'd most likely let moses walk if he demands allot of money.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think we should be looking at Brooks to partner Mbye and Reynolds can be used as a weapon off the bench. Doesn't need to take Mbye/Brooks off the field to do this.

That said you would imagine that all 3 could get more money somewhere to start.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds needs to stop trying to create something every play which causes the sideways running. Its not always about him and he's not always in the moment. If he picked his spots better he would be more effective.

We need to see more combinations.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Halves and fullbacks are worth gold
Can't possibly be paying "overs" to players in that position imo
They are the 2 most important positions in the game.
If Moses is on 750 and brooks 600 then that's 1.35m of a 7 million cap.
There are players at other clubs on that alone re. Thurston dce burgess and Milford 900k!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are players at other clubs on that alone re. Thurston dce burgess and Milford 900k!
Thats just how Des is, we would of never got B.Morris if it wasn't for his brother nagging him for years and refusing to go back to St.George. Remember we were going to sign Fifita when more forwards was the last thing we needed.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness but josh r needs to stfu and put a media ban on himself and let his football do the talking for 12 mths

Status
Not open for further replies.