Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Give him 6 games to see if he can find himself

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Flanagan could just get repeat sets on the last and not waste a play on the 3rd getting tackled. He would be ok this year

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If you think I'm scrolling through a bunch of posts by a person who uses the term gronk, you're sadly mistaken
Well don’t say shit if you can’t back it up bud simple.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he is prolly a few seasons away from being a really good half… but we need some wins, we can’t afford to not be competing this year, he is copping a fair amount of shit here. I don’t mean any thing derogatory towards him I prefer See Reynolds and Burton with options some one else suggested another lock come on lol…
We are desperate for a season of more wins than loses that’s for sure.I’m hoping Reynolds gets the utility role where he gets some decent minutes when some sting is out of the game.
Even better yet if he somehow can become an 80 minute player again it’s a no brainer to have him instead the Flanagan. I’m definitely no Flanagan fan and see all the short comings so it makes me think why the hell is he getting picked. It’s a gas tank for days and rock solid in defence. All other aspects of his game are a day to day lottery as to whether he executes.

I’m from Newcastle and the big reason I’m going to get to all the Belmore games this season is hopefully see Reynolds get over the line for one as I reckon it will blow the gates off the joint.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching the NSW cup again.

Oloapu is ready for first grade. He's no different to Sam Walker for Roosters 2 years ago. We aren't really going to do anything this year, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain if we give him first grade experience now. Oloapu is a much better defender at 18 than Walker was too. I think if his NSW Cup form is still good for another 2-3 weeks then CC should just bite the bullet and get him into the team.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And for anyone worried that Oloapu plays left side, go watch the game again from Saturday. He was roaming in the second half and playing both sides depending where the play dictated.

This is what I think he and Burton should be doing in first grade. I really hate this whole 'left edge' obsession our team has had for the last 2 years. It worked at Penrith, but clearly doesn't work here. Let it go and just let them play their natural games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Oloapu is ready for first grade. He's no different to Sam Walker for Roosters 2 years ago. We aren't really going to do anything this year, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain if we give him first grade experience now. Oloapu is a much better defender at 18 than Walker was too. I think if his NSW Cup form is still good for another 2-3 weeks then CC should just bite the bullet and get him into the team.
Stop with the Walker comparison, not even close to the same situation. Walker went into a team full of internationals and premiership winners and even then it wasn't clear sailing. Karl would be dropped into a rabble of a team. We can lose plenty doing that, have you not seen enough of what happens when kids get thrown into poor teams when they're not ready and get offered very little support from key players in the side? Karl did give Burton a lesson, looks like a genuine playmaker unlike Burton.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop with the Walker comparison, not even close to the same situation. Walker went into a team full of internationals and premiership winners and even then it wasn't clear sailing. Karl would be dropped into a rabble of a team. We can lose plenty doing that, have you not seen enough of what happens when kids get thrown into poor teams when they're not ready and get offered very little support from key players in the side? Karl did give Burton a lesson, looks like a genuine playmaker unlike Burton.
Don't care TBH. Throw him in there. He's good enough, if he shows he can do this week to week in NSW cup over the next month, he will be playing first grade by May, I guarantee is. @Bulldogsteve will confirm when he returns from his hiatus.
+The comparison is valid because of their age and their position. Last I checked, that's comparable.

Last edited:

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I agree with Oloapu, he already demonstrates more than Flanagan has EVER offered.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be Flanos make or break game...

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ideally 80 but can carry someone on the bench that can play 20-30 minutes if needed. Brown or Averillo could fill in if you want names.

When we can start using our development players (Rajab who should already be top 30)/someone like Oloapu is more ready they're both better options than Flanagan just on potential alone. Rajab already better imo.

Flanagan starting 7 is an inept decision. We had since last year/season to prepare alternatives.

Your last comment shows you're a delusional tosser.
I would be extremely happy with:

6. Oloapu
7. Rajab

Burton is an excellent player but doesn't do enough (yet) to be in the halves. I am not sure where he played as a junior, but he doesn't seem to 'move' like a half, Oloapu and Rajab 'move' like halves.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Karl is bit underdone so has to be Reynolds in the interim….

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be Flanos make or break game...
I would have to think that our coaches and front office people understand the game enough to know that Flanno is not it, however if you are referring to his time with the Dogs this season then yeah I agree.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't care TBH. Throw him in there. He's good enough, if he shows he can do this week to week in NSW cup over the next month, he will be playing first grade by May, I guarantee is. @Bulldogsteve will confirm when he returns from his hiatus.
+The comparison is valid because of their age and their position. Last I checked, that's comparable.
You don't care if we fuck up another promising juniors development? Yh okay, makes sense. He will debut this season but it won't be for at least another couple of months

Last edited:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't care if we fuck up another promising juniors development? Yh okay, makes sense. He will debut this season but it won't be for at least another couple of months
It will be sooner than you think, believe me ;)

Also just out of curiosity who was the last promising junior's development we fucked up by debuting them too early?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Also just out of curiosity who was the last promising junior's development we fucked up by debuting them too early?
I don't believe you, can't see him debuting before round 9. Jake. A good side would have left him in reserve grade to develop certain aspects of his game and character before throwing him into firstgrade.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jake, BBO, Wakeham. To name a couple. Any half debuting for dogs in last 5 years will have had their futures fucked up.