Josh Reynolds asked to leave Northies on Friday for being too drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman was on his 4th.....drink and Reynolds crabbed over and started tripping over the bar tenders. :p

Fuck, how things have changed.
If Sherwin did this in his day, I would be devastated and defensive about our players.
These days, cause our players are a joke, you can't treat them any other way.....FMD!

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's the end of the season, mad Monday starts early at the bulldogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who. Gives. A. Shit?

I'm sure we've all had a few too many, got a bit emotional and had a bit of a drunken sweargument with security guards.... I once got so wasted I was ejected from a joint in newie, had a colourful argument with the guards over whether I was pissed, then snuck back in via an access door for round two only to get ejected again 5 minutes later.

Yeah he's a pro footy player, but he's still a human being. and the product of a culture of alcoholism too as we all are in this binge drinking party country.

I couldn't care less haha.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who. Gives. A. Shit?

I'm sure we've all had a few too many, got a bit emotional and has a bit of a swear at security guards.... I once got so wasted I was ejected from a joint in newbie, had a colourful argument with the guards over whether I was pissed, then snuck back in via an access door for round two only to get ejected again 5 minutes later.

Yeah he's a pro footy player, but he's still a human being. and the product of a culture of alcoholism too as we all are on this binge drinking party country.

I couldn't care less haha.
Lot's of people would care, that's who.

Competitive team sport, team is struggling, high profile player in struggling team on the piss a day after a heavy defeat.... you get it? it's a competitive environment... irresponsible to do that type of thing even if it is the NRL

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meh, next.
Was he heavily intoxicated or just another Journo over hyped artice. Didnt give much away. He aint the only one having a few drinks. Drop him and start thinking about 2018.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing in it.

Reynolds would fit in with the Blues culture perfectly... oh wait he did, won a series and got dropped

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Competitive team sport, team is struggling, high profile player in struggling team on the piss a day after a heavy defeat.... you get it? it's a competitive environment... irresponsible to do that type of thing even if it is the NRL
Footy players are raised into a culture of drinking.... hell, the same is true for most people in this country. If a normal bloke off the street has a few too many and gets into a verbal joust with a security guard, it's no big deal. If a footy player has too many, it's supposed to be some massive issue? Bool. Sheet.

I really couldn't give a shit about the moral rhapsodising of a tabloid newspaper whose staff can't even live up to the same lofty behavioural expectations it seems to expect of the footy players it likes to vilify. We raise these young men unto a very strong culture of alcoholism then blame them when they fuck up on the piss? How ridiculous.

This footy players are role models thing is simplistic. They are human beings who have been raised in a culture of excessive boozing and are fallible just like anyone else.

Anyway incidents like this will continue to happen as long as we don't address our alcoholic culture and I could not give a shit about the actions of one footy player. I'm much more concerned about the deeper societal problem.

I used to get drunk regularly just because my mates were doing it before I figured out it was a waste of life and dignity being hammered all the time.

I really couldn't care less. If you feel differently, that's cool... but so far as I'm concerned, looking at players as role models first and humans second is simplistic.

And honestly, our season is beyond fucked. If you don't think players from all clubs get hammered regularly throughout the season I'd say you're being naive....besides, of anything would drive a professional to drink, it would be bring stick under a crazy arsehole boss like Des.

Some may care. I do not.

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers to rip up Reynold's contract, Reynold's is coming back home baby! Hahaha... Hasler is a genius!

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's on the piss who gives a shit it's happened to all of us and even happened to me at northies multiple times after a big mouth off to security before walking down for a kebab, Australian tradition at this point.

Hopefully calling Tolman a dog is a media beat up because usually when your drunk your true feelings fly and just shows further issues in the playing group. Never go off at my mates like that when getting kicked from a venue they're usually there having a dig just as much at the staff with me so fuck it maybe Reynolds is even vindicated in that aspect also :tearsofjoy:

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

When's he meant to hit the piss then?? The day before a big loss?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He should be drunk in celebration for getting a $950k x 4 contract (yes I know some is TPA) all the while playing like shit.

Good riddance Josh!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well whatever, nevermind

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if he was so drunk he tripped over himself

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frustration starting to set in unfortunately. This season has driven this shit..not that its acceptable. Use your brains fellas. You are old enough and in the public arena you dopes.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chill out everyone, Reynolds is that DUMB he thought mad Monday was celebrated a few rounds earlier than the previous years!!! U know how Reynolds can get with his brain explosions, this ain't no different haha

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No player in the NRL should be drinking that much DURING the season. Fucks up your training and recovery. Mad monday to new year's eve do whatever you want.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a non event and the bouncers at Northies are some of the worst you'll come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.