Josh pappali eligibility SOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should josh pappali be allowed to play SOO. With the new SOO eligibility he shouldn't be allowed. But pledged his allegiance to Australia. So shouldn't be allowed to play for NZ either.
Thoughts?

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Quite interesting though if he does get picked for qld in the future. Was thinking about this after mal got him to commit to qld instead of NZ. Bit wrong really. Should be bared from origin with new rules. But can't play for NZ either as declared for aus.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one got any comments or thoughts on this besides me.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really can't keep up with who should play for what state or country..over it really.

If you are from NZ then u play for NZ.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really can't keep up with who should play for what state or country..over it really.

I'm 100% with you on this, NFI at this point as to what the criteria is these days ffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Pretty much this and also if you are BORN IN NSW you are a New South Welshman (Inglis and Folau) and the same with QLD born players.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It all depends if Mal gets his mitts on them first.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
state of origin is fast losing its value as State vs State mate vs mate, the arl and nrl along with nswrl and qldrl need to sit down and work out a solid set of rules, none of this crap that goes on now with how they choose their state or their country,
it has to go back to 1.your birth place its either nsw or qld.
not born in nz came to Australia at 19, played for Aspley in qld or who ever in nsw, this picking kiwis or islanders in in the origin or for Australia is making a total farce out of the eligibility rules

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty much this and also if you are BORN IN NSW you are a New South Welshman (Inglis and Folau) and the same with QLD born players.
They changed the rules for origin selection. Now if you are born in NSW/QLD you have to play for that state unless your father played origin, then you can play for that state even if you were born in the opposite state.
Now NZ players cant be recruited like they used to be able to and guys like iglis and folau would have to play for NSW ect.

Time will tell if they will be hard on these new rules though

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They changed the rules for origin selection. Now if you are born in NSW/QLD you have to play for that state unless your father played origin, then you can play for that state even if you were born in the opposite state.
Now NZ players cant be recruited like they used to be able to and guys like iglis and folau would have to play for NSW ect.

Time will tell if they will be hard on these new rules though
The father part makes sense tbh, your state of origin is in your blood if your father played for either NSW/QLD.

The only time an "Islander" (I don't like using this term to cover a large portion of people across the Pacific and Tasman) should be picked for NSW is if he is NSW born and bred and if he hasn't already pledged allegiance to his mother country.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
state of origin is fast losing its value as State vs State mate vs mate, the arl and nrl along with nswrl and qldrl need to sit down and work out a solid set of rules, none of this crap that goes on now with how they choose their state or their country,
it has to go back to 1.your birth place its either nsw or qld.
not born in nz came to Australia at 19, played for Aspley in qld or who ever in nsw, this picking kiwis or islanders in in the origin or for Australia is making a total farce out of the eligibility rules
That just makes too much sense. As stated I would add in if their father played as mentioned.

How can the NRL make such a mess of this?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Didnt he just say something about Samoa recently ?? After the death of the Cowboys young fella ...

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if a player was born in Victoria and move to NSW when he was 2, is that player still eligible for NSW?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What if a player was born in Victoria and move to NSW when he was 2, is that player still eligible for NSW?
That's a very good point, I think that is the only acception, "Non rugby league states" or states that don't have state of origin representation.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well yes. But if he moves to QLD at the age of 4 and remains there, then what?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well yes. But if he moves to QLD at the age of 4 and remains there, then what?
Then maybe it should be for these players (special case), where they play their first game once moving into either NSW/QLD.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am ok with it being wherever you played juniors. Where you are born isn't important if you didn't grow up where you are born.

Status
Not open for further replies.