Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Blair to miss NRL grand final rematch
Print
- Font
+ Font
RSS
AAP Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:06:47

Melbourne's forwards depth is set to be tested in Friday night's opening NRL qualifying final against Manly after prop Adam Blair was charged by the match review committee.

Blair has been charged with grade one dangerous contact for a "chicken-wing" tackle on the Warriors' Micheal Luck during Saturday's 30-0 victory to the Storm in Auckland.

The New Zealand international will miss the grand final rematch regardless of whether the Storm accept the ban or choose to fight it at the NRL judiciary.

The Storm are battling a front row injury crisis with Matt Cross (leg) out for the season and Jeff Lima still in doubt with a broken thumb.

Second-rower Sika Manu is also sidelined for the season with a leg injury.

Blair's charge could also reignite debate about Melbourne's wrestling tactics, which have previously cost the side dearly in finals football.

Last year, influential captain Cameron Smith was rubbed out of the grand final - lost 40-0 - for a grapple tackle the week before in a preliminary final against Brisbane.

The Bulldogs received a reprieve when the match review committee decided against charging centre Josh Morris following a lifting tackle on Wests Tigers prop Keith Galloway in Friday night's 34-12 loss at the Sydney Football Stadium.

South Sydney's Ben Lowe was charged with a grade one careless high tackle but will not miss any matches when the 2010 season gets underway.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good, never should've been a ban.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now that Josh's bet with his brother Brett on who will score more tries in the regular season is over he can concentrate and play better footy and pass the ball to Goodwin in try scoring situations

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
i hope this week the papers arent filled with news stories about us like they were last week - our focus should be on the game and winning it so we can advance to week 3....

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nothing in it, ridiculous that it even rated a mention

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris has been our best in the last couple of weeks.

Lucky we didn't lose him :grinning:

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you like the 1ltr's.
1 more, month to go.
Are The World Club Champions game
being played at ANZ Stadium??
Manly - W
I'd walk 1000 miles to see that...
:grinning:

L

loui323

Some idiot (mate of mine) just called me and said that the Dogs are trying to get Sherwin over to play in the final series he sounded convinced and brain washed, what a load of @!*%

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news but cant say im really surprised.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
awesome, but i didnt expect him to get suspended or anything anyway, lol. there was nothing in it, at all!

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Good Morris got off but absolutely ridiculous that Blair got charged, what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.