Josh Morris - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

DOB: 23 August, 1986
Position/s: Centre, Wing, Fullback
Career Stats:

2007 - Dragons - 23 games, 6 tries
2008 - Dragons - 23 games, 14 tries
2009 - Bulldogs - 21 games, 22 tries
2010 - Bulldogs - 23 games, 14 tries
2011 - Bulldogs - 17 games, 8 tries

Last edited by a moderator:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
am expecting bigger things from him this year, hopefully one of the leading try scorers. We need Nigel Vagana stlye impact from him

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think some good time off over the offseason and his niggling leg injury will get better and he will run confidently again in 2012. Add to that des as coach and a return to his best is not unlikely.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think some good time off over the offseason and his niggling leg injury will get better and he will run confidently again in 2012. Add to that des as coach and a return to his best is not unlikely.
Love to see it happen re his fitness. If it does JM will be one of the best defending/attacking centres in the NRL. Plus he's big, fast and strong.

Benn0s

Waterboy
Reaction score
He was great when Ben Roberts was creating space for him out wide. Hopefully he can get a bit of help again from the halves, though Keating is rubbish for mine so probably unlikely.

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be a different ball game now we have Des. I'm expecting big improvements in the halves which hopefully will mean more ball for Josh, which means more TRIES for the Dogs. Bring it on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with the few posts above. If you get the ball to J Morris when he has half a chance of hitting a gap he'll score more often than not. Last season Keating was pretty guilty of looking for the gaps himself and Morris seemed to lose interest until Dymock demoted him. The fact that he didn't get any quality ball was probably justice for the fact that the season before he didn't want to pass to his winger. Hopefully whoever gets the nod at 5/8 this season has the ability to utilize Morris. On his day he's one of the most potent attacking centres in the game. He is also a decent defender. His biggest weakness in my opinion is that he'll go through stages where he wont pass to his winger when he should. Hopefully he gets the quality ball and is willing to pass when he needs to and i think he'll make it back into the origin and Australian squads.

P

Paint.

7 tries in the last 3 matches.

Current leading try scorer of the NRL (4 tries in 2 matches)

Hat trick vs his former club

Set one up for Bryson Goodwin

:o

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
State of Origin talks to arise within the next couple of weeks... hopefully he won't get injured again like in the past few years near SOO periods.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Easily the best player tonight.

Not just because of his 3 tries, but his defence was top notch, and he was switched on for the full 80 minutes.

Up there with one of his best games in the blue and white.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great match by Josh tonight vs Merge. Hes back! And for Goodwin to be back at the same time makes us really dangerous out wide.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great match by Josh tonight vs Merge. Hes back! And for Goodwin to be back at the same time makes us really dangerous out wide.
Man it was great to see! I know Bryson has his haters around, but I've always liked him. He's really solid under the high ball, always there for a hit up, and always gives 100%. He may not be the flashiest winger in the game but he's certainly solid in my book

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easily the best player tonight.

Not just because of his 3 tries, but his defence was top notch, and he was switched on for the full 80 minutes.

Up there with one of his best games in the blue and white.
id say up there with one of the best performances EVER by a centre in recent memory

destroyed them they had no answer to his runs at all

morris is back baby and showed why when he is on song and gets some good early ball why he is one of the most complete centres in the game

my fear is he starts this way most years then gets injured so fingers crossed and knock on wood he stays healthy

what a weapon!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The early ball certainly helps. Last year he looked almost uninterested largely to the ranga never giving him any ball.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's always been awesome for us at the start of the year before he hurts himself and is out for an extended period of time...

Here's hoping he stays healthy, and surpasses his 2009 form..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's going to take a lot of therapy for Beau Scott to recover from tonight. Everytime Morris got the ball Scott was shown up and truly outclassed.

If they continue along this road (the Morris and Goodwin show), it sounds a dangerous warning to other sides. There are glimpses of 2009 starting to show in their form.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brilliant game from Morris.

I hope his thumb or whatever it was is ok.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy great game tonight, thought he was the most standout player. Always stepped the opposition and looked dangerous always with the ball

Keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.