Josh Maguire available

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You bringing up a 70 year old as a potential replacement repeatedly doesn’t make you clever. Just makes you a troll.

There are no other cheap mongrel experienced forwards out there.
The only one I can think of is Alex Twal, if tigers pitch in, but he lacks the mongrel factor.
That is how little I rate Maguire.

You really must be taking the piss with threat.

TROLL

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The whole PR stunt thing baffles me, while I would love to see 40,000 fans every week at a Dogs game it was not vital to our success? An extra year of smaller crowds, we weren't going to go bankrupt lol. The whole decision stinks of a coach who has zero idea.
That's because you have some common sense and don't get corrupted by dumb media.

Renyolds is very clever the way he manipulates the media to his narrative and has been for years. He probably has some help from his manager but he knew if he said all the right things (like a politician) and rallied support he'd get his meal ticket.

And yeah a rookie coach was part of it. If he tried to move in on battle hardened coaches who don't care about getting in the fans good books the Renyolds would have never been signed.

The whole thing really sucked and the results or lack there of speak for themselves

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
That isn't schooling.
Do you even follow the ESL?
Every man and his dog new JR was a dud and released from his contract.
He wasnt shafted in anything but skill.

We all know that CB hiring him this yeat was a publicity stunt. Josh Maguire isnt a PR stunt.

Josh played well, got suspended for 8 weeks in game 2, then returned and was immediately suspended for 12 weeks again.

As a marquee signing outside the cap, they made the decision to not wait for him to sit out 12 weeks, so they can presumably get a new marquee from the nrl so they can tilt at the title, since they are in the top 2.

Nome of that makes Josh a bad player, just an idiot, but what that does do is significantly reduce his market value, meaning we get a cheap prop if we can control him.

So next time you come to me with talks of 'schooling' come at me with facts because I'll beat you every time, I got to university.
Dear Nasheed .....errr Lovemachine

McGuire got suspended for 7 games in a pre-season friendly, not game 2.

He then played 7 games (with zero impact) and then mouthed off and got a further 12 game ban.

At no point did I see or hear of him playing well, he was a massive disappointment from start to finish.

He was definitely not a marquee signing and we miss Thomas Mikaele a million times more than we do him - maybe the Dogs should look at Mikaele, not played 1st team for Titans since he returned to Oz I don't think?

McGuire is a poor player and an absolute idiot. He is out of control and I wouldn't waste money on him, no matter how little.

I never went to university, but I still know more facts than you.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Nasheed .....errr Lovemachine

McGuire got suspended for 7 games in a pre-season friendly, not game 2.

He then played 7 games (with zero impact) and then mouthed off and got a further 12 game ban.

At no point did I see or hear of him playing well, he was a massive disappointment from start to finish.

He was definitely not a marquee signing and we miss Thomas Mikaele a million times more than we do him - maybe the Dogs should look at Mikaele, not played 1st team for Titans since he returned to Oz I don't think?

McGuire is a poor player and an absolute idiot. He is out of control and I wouldn't waste money on him, no matter how little.

I never went to university, but I still know more facts than you.
If you’re going to argue with someone in university at least bring your A game because already off the bat by name dropping the great Nasheed as me, you’re off to a false Start.

It was pre season yes but it was the 2nd game they played.
The other stuff we are on the same page.

would mikale come to us and does he have bite?

Also if he was so terrible why did the wealthiest club in the Super League pay top dollar to sign him up for 2 years???

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
If you’re going to argue with someone in university at least bring your A game because already off the bat by name dropping the great Nasheed as me, you’re off to a false Start.

It was pre season yes but it was the 2nd game they played.
The other stuff we are on the same page.

would mikale come to us and does he have bite?

Also if he was so terrible why did the wealthiest club in the Super League pay top dollar to sign him up for 2 years???
We signed him because we believe any old bullshit that agents put on a players promotional reel! He's not the first bad signing we've made and he won't be the last unfortunately.

And it was the second game we played but the 1st one he played.

No idea if Mikaele would come, but he was really good for us and left due to his wife's homesickness, we'd happily have kept him on, he was a good signing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mikaele off contract this year.

"Despite playing for the Wests Tigers earlier in his career, it won't be the first time he heads to the Gold Coast.

Brought up in the city he is a graduate of the legendary Keebra Park High School and will re-connect with former Keebra Park teammates David Fifita, Tanah Boyd and Moeaki Fotuaika.

"That connection helps. Even when you get to the NRL you still want to be playing with your mates and people you played well with," Holbrook said.

"It is great to bring Thomas back to join us. He's been going really well with Warrington and will be on his way here this week to try and fight his way into our 17."

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We signed him because we believe any old bullshit that agents put on a players promotional reel! He's not the first bad signing we've made and he won't be the last unfortunately.

And it was the second game we played but the 1st one he played.

No idea if Mikaele would come, but he was really good for us and left due to his wife's homesickness, we'd happily have kept him on, he was a good signing.
Sounds like Warrington need to start re rioting some people who have been to University to handle their recruitment. Haha.

At least you came with facts and offered up a viable alternative whizh is all I asked for.