Josh Jackson

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He could have passed it left regardless. Shape or not that ball needed to be passed.
Mate he will always be a bulldogs legend, and people think I’m taking piss, back in 08 I watched Jacko, Klemmer, idris, barba, kasiano come through together in the juniors, how do people think I feel, seeing all these juniors and Jacko left it kills me mate, but if the roosters where able to make the tough calls on Boydner, friend, SBW then surely we can make the call on Josh Jackson.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko deserves some success…. If it wasn’t for the cheating scum ref, meanys inability to play full back since he signed with Melbourne and okunbour having a shocker we should have won that

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His wage is his biggest issue.. he's not our biggest problem atm...

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate he will always be a bulldogs legend, and people think I’m taking piss, back in 08 I watched Jacko, Klemmer, idris, barba, kasiano come through together in the juniors, how do people think I feel, seeing all these juniors and Jacko left it kills me mate, but if the roosters where able to make the tough calls on Boydner, friend, SBW then surely we can make the call on Josh Jackson.
100 % correct, And if you seriously want to win a premiership ever, these tough decisions have to be made.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In context of the long serving player allowance, his salary isn’t that bad.
I don't understand that sentiment.. that allowance should be a bonus to be use effectively.. if you are gifted an extra 200k for a long serving player , you don't piss it up the wall and give that player more money then they are worth...

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
IF we had 13 Josh Jacksons wed be doing okay. Yes probably over paid at this stage of his career but in my opinion the least of our problems.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand that sentiment.. that allowance should be a bonus to be use effectively.. if you are gifted an extra 200k for a long serving player , you don't piss it up the wall and give that player more money then they are worth...
Do we have anyone else that qualifies for this ?
mid not, it doesn’t affect our salary cap position. So if we overpaid JJ, it has not affected our salary cap

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he leaves can he teach Hetherington how to tackle lol

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times when we get inside the opposition 30 we look clueless!
Backs getting in the way of other backs. Backs getting the ball standing still. Slow poor reads in defence from backs
To blame Jackson for putting in effort after effort os tough.
Dummy half ball is still slow off the back of slow play the balls
I thought Hetherington Thompson and Jackson were in the dogs best 5 players tonight charging it up

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about 13 Aiden tolmans to go with it, what a premiership dynasty that would be.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we have anyone else that qualifies for this ?
mid not, it doesn’t affect our salary cap position. So if we overpaid JJ, it has not affected our salary cap
How does that make any sense?? If you get a bonus 200k and Jackson as a player is worth 400k then we only have to contribute 200k of Jackson salary to the cap.

Regardless what he is paid 200k of it will be deducted from the cap..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jackson tonight.

80 minutes.
10 runs for 102 metres, 36 post contact (3rd best among the forwards)
50 tackles, 2 misses (best among the forwards)
Perfectly timed decoy run for our 2nd try that created the room on the edge.

Yeah, he definitely passed it.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does that make any sense?? If you get a bonus 200k and Jackson as a player is worth 400k then we only have to contribute 200k of Jackson salary to the cap.

Regardless what he is paid 200k of it will be deducted from the cap..
You need your head read.
So we paying him 200k overs?
That’s pretty much the long service allowance.
so it squares itself off. Is that simple enough for you

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tonight highlighted how much we need a first tackle forward and how crucial it is we beef up that spot with some leg speed. Thompson, Hetherington and Jackson are solid players but need that player to flourish.

Whether it’s Vaughan, TPJ or both, we need to address it urgently.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need your head read.
So we paying him 200k overs?
That’s pretty much the long service allowance.
so it squares itself off. Is that simple enough for you
Lol so sorry I can't dumb it down anymore .. I think we should just move on..