Opinion Josh Jackson

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won’t drop him for the pure fact he’s the captain whether he should be on the bench or not but.he has turned into abit of a tolman though

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do we do with Jackson moving forward? If Waddell can build on his game from last week at lock then I honestly can't see how Jackson starts there again this season. Is it time for Jackson to start off the bench? Is he going to spend some time at prop? I'm struggling to see where we get value from him over the next year or so?
For weeks, everyone has been calling for Waddell to be dumped? So now, after one reasonable game, he is a walk up start and the captain should be dumped to make way for him.

I think we all need to settle down a little.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waddell plays one good game (not even good the whole game only the first half) against the sharks and now he is our saviour.

Plus we need experience we can’t do a broncos and hope every young gun does well
I was thinking the very same thing. Waddell was a terrible signing, Baz’s pet, Manly reject etc etc on here and now after one game he is a key part of the team?
Only good the first half? Yes, because that's when he was playing lock. And he isn't the saviour but he offered a hell of a lot more than Jackson has while playing lock. Topine also another option moving forward. I get people like Jackson but he is offering very little other than racking up a high tackle count.
TBF Beastsy you were super critical of Waddell but now he’s our lock? I think all our forwards have been below par but last week even Crapa was on fire.
We can’t do anything about Jacko’s contract and I agree that he will be playing less minutes moving forward. But, he may give us better value if he plays in shorter but high impact spells.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was thinking the very same thing. Waddell was a terrible signing, Baz’s pet, Manly reject etc etc on here and now after one game he is a key part of the team?

TBF Beastsy you were super critical of Waddell but now he’s our lock? I think all our forwards have been below par but last week even Crapa was on fire.
We can’t do anything about Jacko’s contract and I agree that he will be playing less minutes moving forward. But, he may give us better value if he plays in shorter but high impact spells.
I was critical because he got a ridiculous long-term deal for some unknown reason and was a liability on the edge...Waddell at lock however looks to be a totally different player and one I'm interested in seeing more of.

He might well be shit against Parra and whoever we play the following week, but for the time being he looks to be the guy that has the most upside. He looked Yeo like against the Sharks at lock, the ball skills he showed to setup the try for Meaney were not something I expected him to have. He's also a different body shape, has a different running style and has an offload in him. Topine is also another to consider town the line if Waddell doesn't work out....but right now I'm just struggling to see where Jackson fits best.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson needs to play in the front row until his contract run out and retires. Not dynamic enough for the backrow

8. Jackson
9. B.Smith
10. Thompson
11. Topine
12. Elliot
13. Waddell

14. Rudolph
15. Atoni
16. Hethrinton
17. Doorey

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was critical because he got a ridiculous long-term deal for some unknown reason and was a liability on the edge...Waddell at lock however looks to be a totally different player and one I'm interested in seeing more of.

He might well be shit against Parra and whoever we play the following week, but for the time being he looks to be the guy that has the most upside. He looked Yeo like against the Sharks at lock, the ball skills he showed to setup the try for Meaney were not something I expected him to have. He's also a different body shape, has a different running style and has an offload in him. Topine is also another to consider town the line if Waddell doesn't work out....but right now I'm just struggling to see where Jackson fits best.
Prop is not a bad idea, but won’t he be competing with Cotric?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What do we do with Jackson moving forward? If Waddell can build on his game from last week at lock then I honestly can't see how Jackson starts there again this season. Is it time for Jackson to start off the bench? Is he going to spend some time at prop? I'm struggling to see where we get value from him over the next year or so?
Jackson back to lock I would think.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d like to see him off the bench, keep him on in that period after half time to keep up the defence and go forward, just before tommo comes back on, he can also finish the game if need be through injuries, but I don’t see why we’d start him, he’s not making an impact and our starts is where we need to get a lot better at, bring him on when we need a lift, but let the young blokes get in there and rip it up with speed and enthusiasm, think it would help him judge where he needs to be and what he needs to do

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bench the man

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Jacko would walk on into 2004 and 2006 team. Fuck you talking bout! Waddell is good but not near jacko. Brad Fittler medal winner. Gives everything for the club. Show some respect!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone looks shit in an underperforming team put Jacko in the storm and he will be back to career best form

He’s just worn down from all the losses

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko first picked every time, every week for us as long as he’s at Belmore....and that should be the rest of his career. He’s a champion!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jacko first picked every time, every week for us as long as he’s at Belmore....and that should be the rest of his career. He’s a champion!
Irrelevant

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Prop is not a bad idea, but won’t he be competing with Cotric?
Thompson, Cotric, Jackson, Rudolf, Renouf. Room for all 5 props.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's totally irrelevant though. Jackson shouldn't start because people feel sorry for him or like him, he should start because he's offering more than anyone else in that role. I'm struggling to see what role he even plays for us moving forward and how we even get anything close to 700k value out of him.
And who do you believe is offering more at the moment? Waddell after one decent game? Or Chris Smith?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet we re-signed him on 700k per year.. thankfully those clowns are gone.
Show us the evidence that he signed for 700k. I seriously wonder where people pull these numbers from ‍♂

It may well be true, but unless you have the proof I think you should stop pulling numbers out of your rear end [emoji1303]