Official Josh Jackson Retired Immediately

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well then, listening to Cameron Ciraldo discuss Josh Jackson retiring, it’s obvious he just felt it was time to hang up the boots. All the speculation that he made a deal with Gus, the club etc. looks to be incorrect. Unless Ciraldo is lying which is very doubtful, when he explains how he was told by Jacko and he is speaking in such glowing terms of the type of person he is, foregoing the money from his final annual salary, speaks volumes. He also said he visited Belmore the day after Penrith won the GF, to find Jacko hip thrusting 300kg :hushed: the day after the season ended! And he wasn’t even planning on playing next season. With guys like him and another former captain Bobcat on the staff, along with all the other legends, the only way is up.
I don't even know what a hip thrust is, it sounds like a sexual maneuver tbh

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How to do a Hip Thrust Exercise
For the hip thrust, begin by using a barbell with a weight that you can control for 2–3 sets of 6–12 repetitions. Choose a weight that allows you to maintain good technique throughout all sets and repetitions.
  1. Place a loaded barbell parallel to a bench.
  2. Sit on the floor with your back up against the bench. Roll the barbell over your hips until the barbell rests in the crease of your hips.
  3. With your upper back in contact with the bench, lift your hips slightly off of the ground. Your upper arms should rest against the bench. Rotate your shoulders outward to engage your lats. The bottom of your shoulder blades should be in contact with the bench. The weight on your feet should be evenly distributed along each entire foot. Rotate your feet into the floor to create a stable foot position. Your chin should remain tucked throughout the movement, as if you were holding an egg under your chin. All repetitions should begin from this position.
  4. To begin the upward movement, squeeze your glutes and push your feet into the ground.
  5. Continue squeezing your glutes as you push your hips toward the ceiling to achieve full hip extension. Your core should be engaged to keep your ribs down and your pelvis should be slightly tucked at the top. Your shins should be vertical.
  6. Pause for 2–3 seconds at the top.
  7. To begin the downward movement, hinge from your hips to return to the starting position. Allow your chest to follow your hips. Gaze forward while keeping your chin tucked. Maintain tension on your glutes and keep your core engaged. Your torso should create a 45-degree angle with the ground at the bottom of the movement.
Ouch
1670819447870.png

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How to do a Hip Thrust Exercise
For the hip thrust, begin by using a barbell with a weight that you can control for 2–3 sets of 6–12 repetitions. Choose a weight that allows you to maintain good technique throughout all sets and repetitions.
  1. Place a loaded barbell parallel to a bench.
  2. Sit on the floor with your back up against the bench. Roll the barbell over your hips until the barbell rests in the crease of your hips.
  3. With your upper back in contact with the bench, lift your hips slightly off of the ground. Your upper arms should rest against the bench. Rotate your shoulders outward to engage your lats. The bottom of your shoulder blades should be in contact with the bench. The weight on your feet should be evenly distributed along each entire foot. Rotate your feet into the floor to create a stable foot position. Your chin should remain tucked throughout the movement, as if you were holding an egg under your chin. All repetitions should begin from this position.
  4. To begin the upward movement, squeeze your glutes and push your feet into the ground.
  5. Continue squeezing your glutes as you push your hips toward the ceiling to achieve full hip extension. Your core should be engaged to keep your ribs down and your pelvis should be slightly tucked at the top. Your shins should be vertical.
  6. Pause for 2–3 seconds at the top.
  7. To begin the downward movement, hinge from your hips to return to the starting position. Allow your chest to follow your hips. Gaze forward while keeping your chin tucked. Maintain tension on your glutes and keep your core engaged. Your torso should create a 45-degree angle with the ground at the bottom of the movement.
Ouch
View attachment 62537

Always a Bulldog
Wow, 300 kgs too . . . He is a machine

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At that stage I'd say it was that he was trying see if he could get up to go through another preseason at the same level or better than he has done previously. I'm sure that factored into his decision, but I am sure it was his decision.
Yeah or he just likes the routine of working out. When I said “the day after the season ended”, I meant the grand final. Our season obviously ended much earlier sadly, but still, he was in the gym doing heavy lifting when he didn’t have to be.

I used to be right into weight training but had to look up hip thrusts and by god, 300kg doing that?! I pray for his missus! I cannot comprehend the core and glute strength required for that.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t either lol. First thing that came up when I googled it was a hot chick showing how it’s done. She had 50-60kg on the bar. 300 is ridiculous.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah or he just likes the routine of working out. When I said “the day after the season ended”, I meant the grand final. Our season obviously ended much earlier sadly, but still, he was in the gym doing heavy lifting when he didn’t have to be.

I used to be right into weight training but had to look up hip thrusts and by god, 300kg doing that?! I pray for his missus! I cannot comprehend the core and glute strength required for that.
I bet I could do it after a month of training, been humping my stuffed toys since I was a toddler.