Josh Hoffman : Negotiations with Broncos rivals commence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
JOSH Hoffman’s career at the Broncos is all but over with incoming coach Wayne Bennett giving the Kiwi Test star permission to negotiate with rival clubs.

While making it clear he was not axing Hoffman, Bennett told his management the utility is free to look around because he cannot guarantee him the fullback spot next season.

Hoffman is contracted until the end of next season and could feasibly stay at Red Hill to fight for the No.1 jumper, but the Mackay product is expected to quit the Broncos in coming weeks.

Josh Hoffman pushes away from a tackle.
Josh Hoffman pushes away from a tackle.
The 26-year-old has a number of clubs ready to pounce, with Canberra coach Ricky Stuart ready to table a deal worth in excess of $600,000 a season.

The Warriors and Bulldogs are also interested in Hoffman, who was denied a release just nine months ago by former Broncos coach Anthony Griffin.

Broncos boss Paul White said Hoffman is free to explore other options as the club ramps-up plans to secure Queensland Origin fullback Darius Boyd.

Josh Hoffman is tackled by the Bulldogs defence.
Josh Hoffman is tackled by the Bulldogs defence.
“In fairness to Josh and Catalyst Sports Management, we feel we need to give him the opportunity to explore offers he may or may not receive from other clubs,” White said.

“As Josh’s preferred position is fullback, the Broncos are happy to work with his management to allow this process to take place.

“The Broncos have signalled its intention to bring Darius Boyd back to the club, but must stress that no deal has been done in this regard.

“If Josh and his management are unable to source a more suitable outcome, the Broncos will be pleased to honour his playing contact for the 2015 season.”

Josh Hoffman at Broncos training.
Josh Hoffman at Broncos training.
Hoffman’s manager Paul Hogan said the veteran of 109 NRL games appreciated Bennett’s stance.

“Josh is very relaxed about this, he’s not angry or disappointed at all,” he said.

“Wayne Bennett and the Broncos have been great about this, we’ve had good dialogue and they have very transparent about his future moving forward, which gives us a chance to sort out his future.

“Josh loves the Broncos and would love to finish his career there, but fullback is his preferred spot and we’ll talk to interested parties in the coming days and weeks.”

Josh Hoffman at Brisbane training.
Josh Hoffman at Brisbane training.
Last month, Hoffman, whose Broncos deal is worth around $250,000 annually, revealed he was considering testing his value on the open market.

“I’m 26 now and I’m not getting any younger,’’ he said.

‘‘I have a young family and you don’t have long in the game.’’

So are we still interested or have stopped all talks with hoff?

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tbh we made it this far with perrett if be happy to wait for superstar or the mautatia brothers. He had his chance to come over and blew it i think

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree. Perret helped us get this far.

I say if we get him for around $350 for 2 years it's a bargin if not let wait for the new big thing to come along

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, it was always going to happen I suppose. Broncos are basically 100% confirming Darius is on the way with this news. What was so different this year when they had a million fullbacks on the books and kept shopping for more, that he now cannot be guaranteed a fullback gig.Broncos are playing games big time but one redeeming thing is they still have to pay part of his existing contract for next year because they are moving him on. Honestly if Ricky wants him for the reported $600000 per season let him have him. Honestly do we want him? Do we really need him now?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, it was always going to happen I suppose. Broncos are basically 100% confirming Darius is on the way with this news. What was so different this year when they had a million fullbacks on the books and kept shopping for more, that he now cannot be guaranteed a fullback gig.Broncos are playing games big time but one redeeming thing is they still have to pay part of his existing contract for next year because they are moving him on. Honestly if Ricky wants him for the reported $600000 per season let him have him. Honestly do we want him? Do we really need him now?
That's what i thought and to be honest if he does come cheap, why not. I wouldn't mind having him.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perret FTW!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nty he rejected our offer once sorry mate PERRET FTW

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So imagine Corey Thompson had Hoffmans attitude!
"If im not playing fullback im going elsewhere"
F@#k off Hoffman!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he comes at a decent price then why not. Hasler will chose the best option for fullback. If he thinks that is Hoffman, i'd support his decision. Perrett has filled in admirably though. I'm happy enough to keep him there if he is still the best option next season. Hoffman has some utility value and seems to be durable so at a decent price he would be a handy pick up. He's a big back with decent pace and plenty of experience. He has not really played under a great coach either. Maybe he is still a long way from being at his best. If the talks of Stewart and or B-Moz have any truth then i would not expect to see Hoffman in a dogs jersey any time soon. I do not really give 2 ****s about this right now though to be honest. I am salivating about Rabbit stew.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way unless broncos are paying. We have Perrett who is just as good as Hoffman. I would rather wait. Its a privilege to play at our club he doesn't deserve a start.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
600k for Hoffman is an absolute rip off but even that much wouldn't want me to go down and play for Stuart

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how Hoffman is much of an upgrade over Perrett aside from being bigger and having more pace. At most Hoffman is worth the same amount Perrett is currently on, otherwise he can go elsewhere while we groom or shop for a real superstar fullback

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Hoffman poised to leave Broncos as negotiations with rival clubs commence

Such a lovely club the broncos ,entice barba out of his contract ,refuse to release Hoffman to us then later on when its too late tell hoffman hes not wanted and if rumours are true barba has the same fate ,what a bunch of farktards

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This should be in RL General.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh 600k for Hoffman can keep dreaming.

I'd much rather Sione Mata'Utai in 2016, Perrett for 2015 with B Moz coming aboard!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After Sunday night Perrett could be a Premiership winning Fullback :grinning: Speaks volumes doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.