News Josh Dugan under investigation for Covid breach

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL integrity unit is investigating police reports that Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan has breached the state’s Covid laws – 150 kilometres from his home — in Lithgow late on Friday night.

Police said officers from Chifley Police District were patrolling Lithgow when they stopped a Jeep Cherokee at 11.30pm and spoke to Dugan, 31, and his passenger, a man aged 30.

“The men allegedly weren’t wearing masks and checks revealed they were from Gymea and Alexandria,” a police spokesman said.

“The driver allegedly told police they were moving to the area and were going to feed animals, however later admitted they were heading to a friend’s house for the weekend.

“They were directed to return home. About 40 minutes later, officers detected the same vehicle travelling away from Sydney towards Yetholme. The men were stopped and again directed to return to their homes. Charges are expected to be laid.”

The pair are facing police fines of up to $10,000.

Dugan was fined $25,000 by the NRL last month for breaking the code’s Covid protocols by attending a Potts Point restaurant with friends.

The Cronulla Sharks were made aware of the incident on Saturday morning and contacted the integrity unit.

This is the second time in three months the former NSW Blues and Kangaroos has breached the NRL’s Covid protocols.

The veteran centre, who has played 215 NRL games, attended a restaurant in Potts Point on 25 June in breach of the NRL’s Level 3+ Biosecurity Protocols which require players to remain at home unless training, playing or conducting essential household requirements.

Josh Dugan was fined $25,000 by the NRL for breaking the code’s Covid protocols by attending a Potts Point restaurant with friends earlier this year.
“I just want to say I’m sorry, it was an error in judgment,’’ Dugan told News Corp.

“It’s been a difficult period for me personally and I’m putting my hand up on this one.

“I’ve had all the necessary testing done for Covid and I’ve come back negative.

“I’ll isolate and do everything that is asked of me.”

The Sharks made a decision to leave Dugan in Sydney when the team was relocated to south-east Queensland for the final eight weeks of the competition.

An official confirmed it was for disciplinary reasons.

Dugan has continued training with the Sharks to fulfil the final months of his contract.

The club has chosen not to renew his $800,000-a-year contract which expires in October.

Sharks chief executive Dino Mezzatesta declined to comment when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only his second breach in 3 months, he lies to police, who then tell him to return home and they keep driving to their destination anyway and get pulled over again half an hour later. These ***** just don't give a fuck

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he injured or so out of favour at the Sharks that hes not in the qld bubble?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Massive dh think we all agree and he is a dealer/crim in waiting this guy, stay tuned for bigger indiscretions :laughing: