Gilded
Reaction score
Paps shopped to tigers would be a blow to that fullback they have
Bilu or Belu or whatever he is
As for Curran he’s ok but has serious ball handling issues

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
His errors last year (12), and penalties conceded (4), rank well down on others as a total, and an average, when also factoring in his average minutes (46 per game). Despite what others may suggest, it isn’t an issue based on the actual numbers.

Solid in defence too, gets a decent amount of work done and missed tackle rate is low.

Could be a little more involved in hitups, but there are some others in the warriors team that command more ball. Doesn’t mind an offload either.

I believe he would be a good signing if it happened.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
His errors last year (12), and penalties conceded (4), rank well down on others as a total, and an average, when also factoring in his average minutes (46 per game). Despite what others may suggest, it isn’t an issue based on the actual numbers.

Solid in defence too, gets a decent amount of work done and missed tackle rate is low.

Could be a little more involved in hitups, but there are some others in the warriors team that command more ball. Doesn’t mind an offload either.

I believe he would be a good signing if it happened.
The question is why does Webster, Mr ‘I believe in my players’ want to punt him?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
The Bulldogs’ recruitment drive is not over. Warriors forward Josh Curran met with the club on Saturday. He is the dynamic style of forward Cameron Ciraldo wants.

Smh weidler today.
Good news. Once Gus teaches him about democracy manifest it will be a done deal

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Bunty Afoa also. There was talk he was free to shop around also

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
The question is why does Webster, Mr ‘I believe in my players’ want to punt him?
Well, you may be looking to frame it that way, seeing as your previous comment about him wasn’t accurate.

But here is another view that is closer to the situation in NZ:-

“He could find himself a victim of the salary cap, as the Warriors have a number of young forwards they will be looking to bring into first grade on cheaper rookie deals and off the back of their successful season, a marquee signing addition to the pack is not out of the question either.”

“With captain Tohu Harris regularly also playing 80, there are even fewer minutes available off the pine for forwards and perhaps the Warriors felt they couldn’t justify his contract.”

“Curran did miss two games through suspension for his role in a bar fight last year.

Another deciding factor could be that the Sydney-born Curran seeks to return to Australia - at his age being closer to family is understandable and after sticking with the Warriors through Covid and returning to base himself in New Zealand, if he is not to be offered a new deal when his current one expires then an early return across the Tasman makes sense for personal reasons.

Curran has proven he would be a valuable addition to any NRL side looking to add impact to their pack, his ball in hand skills and positional versatility mean that he is unlikely to be looking for a new club for long.”

There are many reasons a player moves on from a club, and the above highlights a few of the possibilities in Curran’s case.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He first caught my eye playing or the Indigenous All Stars. Tough and versatile. What would be his best position for the dogs? Would he start or come off the bench? 11. Presto 12. Kikau 13. Curran ?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Havent watched him closely - any opinions on whether he could be a decent middle ?,

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he would be worth a go, hes no worse than what we already have, hes big hes tough give him a go

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Havent watched him closely - any opinions on whether he could be a decent middle ?,
Basically identical weight and height to Max.
@Bulldogsteve would probably have a stronger view being closer to his career.

We would probably want more hitups from him, which is different from what warriors have used him for. It’s possible.

At the very least a very good lock option, who could easily play more minutes here, than what he has got in 23 from warriors.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So he cap manages this one player who is no doubt not on alot
HMMMMM
Doubt Curran will be the only one to leave mate.
Could be Curran that wants to come home to we don’t know