Josh Cleeland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMCentral

Waterboy
Reaction score
Am I missing something here gents? I get around to the majority of our ISP games and really love watching our reserve grade side play, and Cleeland is an outstanding player, has been for over a year now (even before coming to the Dogs). The fact that he won "five-eighth of the year" last year in the ISP NSW Cup tells you all you need to know. He has so much potential, outstanding kicking game, good ball playing ability and is very solid defensively. Considering how much we're struggling in attack, surely he should have had a look-in by now. Really can't understand how Kerrod Holland is getting a bench spot over him. He should be our starting five-eighth so that we have a strong kicker in the halves and Mbye can chase the kicks rather than play first receiver on 5th tackle. We have a terrible kicking game, a lack of talent in the halves and one of the best young halves on the market making the "team of the year" in ISP yet we don't even bring him in for one game. Blows my mind. I'm still happy to have Dean Pay as coach, but this isn't rocket science. Give the kid a spot already. Also, put Marshall-King at hooker so that our halves can actually receive quick service out of dummy-half without the defense hitting them as they catch the ball, because Lichaa's service getting them hammered at the moment.

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree get him on can't be worse then we are now and from high light reel looks good

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Considering this season is a write-off anyway, I’d like to see if the kids got it.
Has a good disguised pass, can appear to go long but go short and vise-versa. Speed to burn. A short kicking game.
JMK to hooker, Cleeland to 5/8.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well our “kids” did beat the 1st grade panthers side in the trail lol.. why not get that same same back out there an see what they can do?!!

Probably be 4/4 if they had ran out at the start of the season!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
for anyone who hasn't seen him play, here is a highlight tape
He is definately what we need. He can run, he has a selective pass, he is a good tackler, and he is always supporting.
I just dont know why he has never been tried. I know Hasler never tried him, but he never tried anything. Just hope Pay tries him in the top grade.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I missing something here gents? I get around to the majority of our ISP games and really love watching our reserve grade side play, and Cleeland is an outstanding player, has been for over a year now (even before coming to the Dogs). The fact that he won "five-eighth of the year" last year in the ISP NSW Cup tells you all you need to know. He has so much potential, outstanding kicking game, good ball playing ability and is very solid defensively. Considering how much we're struggling in attack, surely he should have had a look-in by now. Really can't understand how Kerrod Holland is getting a bench spot over him. He should be our starting five-eighth so that we have a strong kicker in the halves and Mbye can chase the kicks rather than play first receiver on 5th tackle. We have a terrible kicking game, a lack of talent in the halves and one of the best young halves on the market making the "team of the year" in ISP yet we don't even bring him in for one game. Blows my mind. I'm still happy to have Dean Pay as coach, but this isn't rocket science. Give the kid a spot already. Also, put Marshall-King at hooker so that our halves can actually receive quick service out of dummy-half without the defense hitting them as they catch the ball, because Lichaa's service getting them hammered at the moment.
I'm with you something has to change JMK to 9 Cleeland into the halves. However some on here claiming that he's "young" mustn't be aware hes almost 27 years old

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Step up to first grade is huge. Nothing can prepare you for it.

You go from playing with Park footballers who aren’t even professional athletes to playing against internationals. Panthers line speed yesterday would have smashed him.

Not shitting on him but say he does come in and do nothing for 3 weeks. Will people call for him to get dropped for Lewis? Looks like some people that were raving about King are the same ones now that think he is shit.

Reality is we don’t have a first grade standard halfback at the club (across all grades) and that includes Foran. We lack play makers (I wouldn’t shit on Foran but he needs support). If the rumours that we had a chance for sezer and we wanted to keep tolman for the origin period are true and he gets injured the next game, we obviously have much larger problems then I think.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We need a lot more than Cleeland in to change our fortunes. And im not going to lay the blame for our form at the feet of the least experienced player in the club jmk

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I will watch ISP today.
Have a look at Cleeland.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I get around to the majority of our ISP games and really love watching our reserve grade side play
Clearly not this year. Cleeland's shit and that's being polite.

Bloke touched the ball 3 times in the second half the other week. Clueless in defence, missing in action in attack. Lacks a 5th tackle option half the time. He's a Ron Massey Cup superstar, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes he's won accolades, but except for the Qld Cup finals, he's had quality players alongside him the entire time (Lewis/Nu Brown), to make him look good.

He's not in the Top 30 so can't be called up this year, and that speaks volumes.

End of this season him and Frawley are gone, and I don't see Cleeland finding another club (he's off contract end of this year along with Frawley, and both attracting ZERO interest).

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawley and Martin not playing ISP,must be rested to play in 1st next week

Status
Not open for further replies.