Josh Cleeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just watched ISP and we won 22-20. The real thing to take out of the game was Josh Cleeland he has been looking better in recent weeks but today he was out standing. He scored two tries including the match winner with a minute left. For the last few years there hasn't been many players putting their hands up for NRL but now there are several. Cleeland really stamped his class today and deserves a shot on that game alone if he gets a game is another thing.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched ISP and we won 22-20. The real thing to take out of the game was Josh Cleeland he has been looking better in recent weeks but today he was out standing. He scored two tries including the match winner with a minute left. For the last few years there hasn't been many players putting their hands up for NRL but now there are several. Cleeland really stamped his class today and deserves a shot on that game alone if he gets a game is another thing.
Thanks for the report. How did Lewis Abbey Woolford and Renouf go?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's no coincidence the ISP team are going well. Cleeland won a Q cup with Ipswhich before leading Newton to winning GF last year.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis didn't do much.abbey was safe nothing flash.woolford only came in the 2Nd half with 25 to go.he was solid.
Garvey played well runs out of dummy half and kicks well.

The guy that plays well each week but will never play first grade is PNG rep rod griffin.
Mate this guy is soild and runs with good footwork. Not the biggest unit but hard as.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do they use similar systems to our firstgrade side or do our forwards actually run lines? Lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. How did Lewis Abbey Woolford and Renouf go?
Lewis was ok he threw two nice passes for tries, Abbey wasn't very involved but didn't make any errors, Woodford got very little time behind Garvey and To'oamaga was playing front row he did his work but he's just not suited to front row in my opinion. Cleeland was definitely the star his running game is very dangerous. I'd take our ISP halves over the NRL ones.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis didn't do much.abbey was safe nothing flash.woolford only came in the 2Nd half with 25 to go.he was solid.

The guy that plays well each week but will never play first grade is PNG rep rod griffin.
Mate this guy is soild and runs with good footwork. Not the biggest unit but hard as.
Griffin is good but like Saunders I think ISP is about their level of football. I think they would get monstered with the faster pace.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every highlight I've seen him play he's impressed me

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do they use similar systems to our firstgrade side or do our forwards actually run lines? Lol
It's similar to first grade but because it's a slower pace it works abit better. The halves definitely have more control.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's similar to first grade but because it's a slower pace it works abit better. The halves definitely have more control.
So Des should go coach reserve grade if he wants to play like this? Haha.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I've been saying all season that Rod Griffin should be in first grade

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin is good but like Saunders I think ISP is about their level of football. I think they would get monstered with the faster pace.
Thanks again for the update... I think like most hoping that a few of these young lads develop into 1st grade by next year. Enjoy rest of wkd!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keep dreaming
The wanker doesn't even rock up and watch any of their games

Other coaches are at (home) reserve grade games regularly

I've never seen super wank there at Belmore

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Believe me if the f wit Hasler was to coach them they wouldn't win are game he will turn them into our 1st grade team mate cleeland killed it.he should be in our starting side 100%

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if they've got Garvey in NSW Cup ready to have a crack at NRL again soon. Lichaa isn't helping us, and isn't signed... maybe it'll be Garvey/Woolford or Brown/Mbye fitting in somewhere.

Is Cleeland more a runner than organiser or a bit of both?

NRNM

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if they've got Garvey in NSW Cup ready to have a crack at NRL again soon. Lichaa isn't helping us, and isn't signed... maybe it'll be Garvey/Woolford or Brown/Mbye fitting in somewhere.

Is Cleeland more a runner than organiser or a bit of both?
Cleelands got a great running game (he also seems to scores a try almost every week so far this year) and an amazing short kicking game. He's more of an organiser than our NRL halves that's for sure haha.
Him and Rhyse Martin deserve a shot in first grade but Cleeland isn't ready for first grade according to Hasler

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going by Dessies history, Cleeland is no chance of getting a run

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol cleenand is a turnstile in defence. Has a good kicking game but that's about it

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep dreaming
The wanker doesn't even rock up and watch any of their games

Other coaches are at (home) reserve grade games regularly

I've never seen super wank there at Belmore
Super wank will be there next Sunday watching the team he has turned into reserve graders play! Hahahaha...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.