Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Radio silence about JAC, nothing from my guy.

Seems like we are busy with Burts...;)
Radio silence is good, as the old saying goes no news is good news...but it also leaves me to believe that there are things happening in the back ground, we're just being professional about it keeping it quiet and internal.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesnt want to play for the dogs....he only wants to play fot rabbits....game over....all those who thought were in the know ...sorry ...but the fact is noone knows shit exceot for jac and his manager....we were played like fools
Piggy let's put a smile on your dial, you're far to serious :grinning:

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For the output Reimis gave us it was hardly worth keeping him around for a extra year if he was unhappy or uncommitted. He will probably improve at Melbourne but I doubt much would have a changed if he stuck around. I support the club’s decision to cut bait with him.
I mean, yeah sure. I don't wanna harp on about this but letting him go is fine. No dramas. But we put in the time and developed him into a first grader and he was obviously seen as a valuable asset by the Storm given they were losing Vunivalu and JAC in the space of 2 seasons. So that being the case, why not use him to gain something in return? This isn't without precedent where we did the same thing with Klemmer and got zilch from the bogans in Newcastle. I just wish we were savvier sometimes when a player asks for a release. I'm happy to eat humble pie if its revealed we did indeed negotiate something from the Storm, otherwise it just looks like a missed opportunity.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean, yeah sure. I don't wanna harp on about this but letting him go is fine. No dramas. But we put in the time and developed him into a first grader and he was obviously seen as a valuable asset by the Storm given they were losing Vunivalu and JAC in the space of 2 seasons. So that being the case, why not use him to gain something in return? This isn't without precedent where we did the same thing with Klemmer and got zilch from the bogans in Newcastle. I just wish we were savvier sometimes when a player asks for a release. I'm happy to eat humble pie if its revealed we did indeed negotiate something from the Storm, otherwise it just looks like a missed opportunity.
I think you’re over estimating the importance of Reimis I doubt the Storm wanted to give up anything for him and it doesn’t seem like we were too fussed about losing him. Getting anything in return when you release a player is a very rare occurrence personally I never expect anything in return in these situations.

Reactions: GDR

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate but that’a you trying to find a positive. It ain’t there lol.

Well it is. One more year of it.

Think of the $ napa, Tolman, hoop, Foran, etc took up. Scary to think montoya and Holland where on that near 400k mark ffs!

Almost finally free!
Yes I agree. He was on 800K wasn't he with the Eels before he came to us. He was one of our leading players for a while there. Unfortunately the last few years we've been upgrading our better players even though our team performances became progressively worse. I think we were scared of losing the players who looked decent in a shit team (were simply doing their job) because we feared if we lost them we would become even worse. That article a few months ago about player salaries said Hopa was on 500K from memory but I reckon he would be on 600K or more. I wouldn't be surprised if we were paying overs to literally everybody.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I agree. He was on 800K wasn't he with the Eels before he came to us. He was one of our leading players for a while there. Unfortunately the last few years we've been upgrading our better players even though our team performances became progressively worse. I think we were scared of losing the players who looked decent in a shit team (were simply doing their job) because we feared if we lost them we would become even worse. That article a few months ago about player salaries said Hopa was on 500K from memory but I reckon he would be on 600K or more. I wouldn't be surprised if we were paying overs to literally everybody.
In that typical Hasler style Hopoate was on a back ended contract with an average around $500k (something like $300, $500, $700k). When that contract ended he was back to his average of $500k (ie; not back ended).

Go Dogs

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If any deal for Carr is not now withdrawn to pursue Brandan Smith the club is insane.

Smith has to be the priority now.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If any deal for Carr is not now withdrawn to pursue Brandan Smith the club is insane.

Smith has to be the priority now.
No thanks he comes with a HUGE price tag / price to pay just ask the Titans.

Storm chasing Origin duo in exchange for gun hooker Three clubs are expressing interest in the premiership star.

And yes we are one of the clubs mentioned.

Last edited:

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Storm chasing Origin duo in exchange for gun hooker Three clubs are expressing interest in the premiership star.

You insane... He is worth every cent, and our rebuilt will be practically complete.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You insane... He is worth every cent, and our rebuilt will be practically complete.
What you call insane, I call being practical....They have already taken Remis and sacrificed nothing in return, who's next??? Averillo maybe Burton or maybe even Cotric??? They're not after yesterdays heroes so you can forget about Napa, DWZ, Jackson or any other deadwood we have. Melbourne is after quality players they can shape and form into their next batch of stars at the expense of however they can rape and pillage. like I said IMO the price is too high. On field Melbourne are the dirtiest team in the comp, off field they are certainly pushing the envelope by demanding players in return. that's not insane pal, that's being practical.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they want Josh Jackson

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the deadline passed on our deal? I thought the club were giving him two weeks? Isn’t that today?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the 2 weeks is up early next week around tuesday? or when do they go on christmas break? shitcan it if nothing by that date these things seem to take an eternity and a half ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.