Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extremely underwhelmed by both Hutchison and Sexton. In his limited time last week O'Neill looked more a skillful natural halfback than either of these duds.

Mitchell Woods ready next year hopefully.

Oloapu still a chance when he comes back also
Underwhelmed by Sexton?.? You are kidding! Sexton hardly got any game time and had a top quality game last week…Sexton should definitely be our half back come round 1 but for some reason Ciraldo seems like he is going to select Hutchison. Sexton offers more spark and plays direct and has a good kicking game

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the amount of errors in the last 20. Should have been given the half to get into the game. Hutchinson will start the year at 7.
we all watched Sexton and Hutchinson play half a game each last week and Sexton definitely had the better game…Ciraldo is kidding if he starts with Hutchinson. Very unfair on sexton who was half back last year. And can someone please explain why Ciraldo did not play sexton from the beginning of the 2nd half?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Young 7s take years to develop and are inevitably inconsistent when they first come into grade. Let’s just calm down and persist with hutch or sexton for this year as painful as that is

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney is our biggest issue - to slow with is delivery and stifling our attack with his little sidewards shuffle. I just want him back throwing bullet passes off the carpet like he did at Parra. If he isn't willing to do that then he can fuck off.Our attack has looked sharper with Hayward both weeks.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dress rehearsal for round 1 didn’t go as well as expected however we will be ready for the Eels- I know it’s hard after years of sub standard results however this year will be a lot better than last.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hutchinson and sexton were good trial 1, not as good trial 2. Dumping players after 1 ordinary trial isnt likely

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we all watched Sexton and Hutchinson play half a game each last week and Sexton definitely had the better game…Ciraldo is kidding if he starts with Hutchinson. Very unfair on sexton who was half back last year. And can someone please explain why Ciraldo did not play sexton from the beginning of the 2nd half?
One of the few things I disagree with from Ciro. He should have started Sexy this week. He gave Hutch way too much game time in general last night, but if he started Sexy, we’d all have a much better idea of who is the best pick.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Papalii and O'Neil needs another year to develop in Cup.
I don't think its just Hutchison and Sexton i think our attacking coach needs a boot up the ass.
If its Taylor Ciraldo needs to listen and change things otherwise same same.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Papalii and O'Neil needs another year to develop in Cup.
I don't think its just Hutchison and Sexton i think our attacking coach needs a boot up the ass.
If its Taylor Ciraldo needs to listen and change things otherwise same same.
They not ready either is Heywood for the Defence.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d say there a reason Hutch and Sexton only on 2 year deals. If youngsters continue to progress, time will come. In all respect to ONeill I’d say he would have got owned against sharks last night to, and we’d all be saying he aint ready. Last night was a proper intensity game, made week before look like a training run

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing is you can fit sexton hutch and Burton in the starting 13. But each has their own massive flaws. Sexton maybe tried too hard. Shanked some kicks (maybe the wind didn’t help) hutch also looked under pressure and tried too hard. I guess when you have 40-50 mins to prove yourself you crack under pressure.

If you wanted you could have all 3 in the spine with either burton or hutch at 13. The downside of that is neither is a meter eater and with our best prop running for 100m a game and our secondary running for under that we will struggle in the arm wrestles like yesterday. Especially if we have poor ball control.

Salmon hasn’t looked too bad. But he can take a bench spot and that allows Taaffe or Mann to take a utility spot off the bench with salmon, Hughes, and Curren. Unless knight improves greatly which I doubt he can he is next in line in case if injuries. And kautoga who impressed in his first trial there and there abouts.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mahoney is our biggest issue - to slow with is delivery and stifling our attack with his little sidewards shuffle. I just want him back throwing bullet passes off the carpet like he did at Parra. If he isn't willing to do that then he can fuck off.Our attack has looked sharper with Hayward both weeks.
Yeah if we blood one of the kids this year I hope it’s him off the bench.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think sexpo will get nod oneil needs to be in reggies playing against men he reminds me of jarome hughes

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is the future, a great young kid. He needs a bit more game time first, but he sure looks the goods.

Reactions: ATT

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These young players are very gifted but still soft. Put them up against men and they will break their bones.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
O'Neill doesn't have the size yet to handle first grade

He would get run over defensively

Give him a chance to develop and build himself up in NSW Cup for a year at least. He is still very young

No more sacrificing young guys before they are ready. That's why we have recruited experience in most positions, to see us through the next couple of years until these young guys are ready for NRL
And if he doesn’t excel he will be the first to blame again, and the kennel experts have killed a developing player that wasn’t ready.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Extremely underwhelmed by both Hutchison and Sexton. In his limited time last week O'Neill looked more a skillful natural halfback than either of these duds.

Mitchell Woods ready next year hopefully.

Oloapu still a chance when he comes back also
He did look good,but it was against reserve grade quality opponents,at the back end of the game. He does look the goods,but we would need bad luck with injuries before he gets a run in fg this year

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He did look good,but it was against reserve grade quality opponents,at the back end of the game. He does look the goods,but we would need bad luck with injuries before he gets a run in fg this year
We might be better off speculating on the side for Rd 7, when the draw gets easier.
Will have a much better idea where O'Neill is at by then, as well as Papali'i and Clarke.
And maybe a couple of forwards like Kautoga and Todd.
Ciraldo will be under pressure by Rd 7 if his more experienced players don't deliver.