Opinion John Olive

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon Lewis will play locally in Canterbury Cup. That way if his wife is about to drop the baby, he's close. I mean it's only 80 minutes of footy so say maybe 2-3 hours maximum he'd be away from her.

Nu Brown and maybe Renouf might head up with the team.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
God yes. I was there.
Olive and Frawley - it was horrific.
I was at Belmore last year when they played the Titans and Olive was terrible, but he had a lot of mates that day. He won't be here next year, hopefully. Surely we have plenty of incentive to beat them this year.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoever in the club recruited this flog ... sack yourself.

Can't even make the bench in Ron Massey Cup and have been named on an extended Ron Massey Cup bench this week. I mean.... how shit must you be to end up there!

Ben Marschke only just scraping onto the bench as well, but at least he's not TAKING UP A FUCKING TOP 30 SPOT LIKE OLIVE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuel Radovu and Dalton Smith (also previously hyped) are on bench / extended bench as well.
also Saddler - has played Sydney shield this year except for one game on the bench in flegg - another in the top 30.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
also Saddler - has played Sydney shield this year except for one game on the bench in flegg - another in the top 30.
Yeah that one is perplexing. We have fucked ourselves.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even having Wakeham in the top 30 is a waste as well he should be on a development contract.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought he played well against the Tigers that game. Then against the Titans at Belmore he was absolutely terrible.
It was as though he wanted to prove those who thought he was going ok wrong. Close to the worst 1st grade centre performance of modern times. Hooked and thankfully never to be seen again.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if olive grew dreadlocks he would get a contract extension

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even having Wakeham in the top 30 is a waste as well he should be on a development contract.
Isnt that determined by how much hes getting? Something like if hes above the minimum pay, then cant be in development squad

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt that determined by how much hes getting? Something like if hes above the minimum pay, then cant be in development squad
If this is true, i guess people then going to ask how olive, saddler and wakeham can get above the minimum pay

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that could be why actually. We are effectively using a top 27 this year because Wakeham isn't ready while Saddler and Olive aren't anywhere near NRL standard.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this is true, i guess people then going to ask how olive, saddler and wakeham can get above the minimum pay
Don't tell me that backloaded Saddlers contract! It would make sense if he is getting paid over the minimum amount and he did sign the contract with Des in charge!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He Can still be useful by waving an olive branch at the refs.. stop them screwing us..

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So who are on development contracts with us now?
Tui Katoa
James Roumanos
Jared Anderson - since moved on.

So we should have 2 development spots available.

Forgot about him.

I thought someone here said that it was a condition of Saddlers contract that he had to be in Top 30.

Might be the same with Olive and Wakeham.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So who are on development contracts with us now?
Tui Katoa
James Roumanos
Jared Anderson - since moved on.

So we should have 2 development spots available.

Forgot about him.

I thought someone here said that it was a condition of Saddlers contract that he had to be in Top 30.

Might be the same with Olive and Wakeham.
NRL require every club to fill minimum 3 development squad spots per season with a maximum of 6.

They are players on minimum wage, below the age of 23 and only allowed to have a very small amount of first grade games to their name if any.

The club hasn't released who replaced Jarred Anderson.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kuresa?
Clayton?
Doorey?
Jesse Marschke?