News Joey Leilua out for Sunday game

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

Has to help us.

Wests Tigers centre Joey Leilua has taken personal leave just days before their must-win clash against the Bulldogs for family reasons.

Leilua's family has been struggling in Sydney under the bubble restrictions, with the Tigers centre driving his partner and children back to Canberra to be with extended family who can provide assistance.

Leilua has been placed in a temporary COVID hold by the NRL and is not expected to play this Sunday, but he may not have to undergo 14 day isolation if the NRL deems it is safe for him to return.

Leilua plans to return to Sydney once his family has settled back into Canberra and live away from them for the rest of the season.

Leilua told Tigers officials of his decision on Wednesday. Leilua returned from a hefty suspension against the Knights last Saturday.

The news comes as the Tigers cling to their slim finals hopes by a thread. They must beat the Bulldogs on Sunday to remain any hope of slipping into the top eight.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Baffling decision. Cleared to play without even being screened. Should be made to isolate for 14 days like everyone else
He jumped in the car and drove his family to Canberra where we have 0 cases.

He's fine.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nrl you should be ashamed of yourselfs this is why people are starting to loose interest in nrl

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it's 10 tries all up. Why is this not in the Bulldogs Forum anyway?

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know his strength. Just muscle up for fucks sake. He's turned the game for his team against us so many times

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know our defence was shit... But should we be dirty he scored the try that levelled the game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not really. We scored a few down his side of the field because he is fat and lazy.
Yeah that's true. I just hate the **** so much... When he scored I had flashbacks to that Canberra game we threw away

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
still cannot work out how he managed to convince the NRL it was ok to return and play...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He jumped in the car and drove his family to Canberra where we have 0 cases.

He's fine.
He breached the hub. Good thing he was able to get to here to Canberra & back without filling up his tank of petrol.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He breached the hub. Good thing he was able to get to here to Canberra & back without filling up his tank of petrol.
Yet people with more knowledge than you or I feel there was no risk.