joash Papalii

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Papalii has potential but he needs another full season in NSW Cup. Still has a lot of deficiencies in his game - I would consider him off the bench in some matches next year, similiar to how Barba was used in 2010.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Were you gutted when he was nearly at fault for all the tries Knights put past us at Accor?

Fuck local juniors. If they're shit, they're shit. People keep holding onto this local junior thing like it's the key to our success

for every 1 decent local junior theres 20 duds
That's because it is the key to success we proved it works over 30 years...

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's because it is the key to success we proved it works over 30 years...
We have had a lot of local juniors actually play for us the past few years... amongst many dud signings too sure.

We may get to a stage where we have 3-4 good local juniors who are good NRL players in our 17. But we need big fucking established names to drive standards.

A player like Critta regardless of position he plays for us will do that. Trains hard, plays like a beast on the field, a leader already in his team and achieved it all in the game already.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No harm in giving papa a run off the bench last couple of games to ease him in to nrl. What is the point in playing flanagun in the 17 comes on for 10 mins at the death, does fekk all and is on the way out the door anyway.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Papalii has potential but he needs another full season in NSW Cup. Still has a lot of deficiencies in his game - I would consider him off the bench in some matches next year, similiar to how Barba was used in 2010.
Agree the plan will be to play KO and papa in Cup next year get that combo going and to be cover for injuries etc. Then 25 will be the year to figure out who gets our 1, 6 and 7 positions. KO killed it in flegg on the WE however really needs a lot of work on his kicking game or can't see him being our 7 or 6 along with burton. Could force burton to the centres but that is a big call. Everything else about his game is top shelf. The way he holds the ball is the best I have seen in a long time, could be our Cody Walker.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree the plan will be to play KO and papa in Cup next year get that combo going and to be cover for injuries etc. Then 25 will be the year to figure out who gets our 1, 6 and 7 positions. KO killed it in flegg on the WE however really needs a lot of work on his kicking game or can't see him being our 7 or 6 along with burton. Could force burton to the centres but that is a big call. Everything else about his game is top shelf. The way he holds the ball is the best I have seen in a long time, could be our Cody Walker.
I've been more impressed with O'neills progression than KO