Opinion JMK-TONIGHT'S GAME

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good start from dwz first impression of these new rules feels a lot like touch football not a fan.
Gee you can see the refs having an even bigger influence on games. Some of the calls look dodgy. Almost impossible to get back 10 with some of those calls. Can see us with the rough end of the pineapple.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee you can see the refs having an even bigger influence on games. Some of the calls look dodgy. Almost impossible to get back 10 with some of those calls. Can see us with the rough end of the pineapple.
Yep hardly a set without a set restart and I think refs are calling set restarts for things they wouldn’t call a penalty due to less scrutiny on the call interesting to see plenty of players in the nrl who could find themselves without a place in the game the next few years

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep hardly a set without a set restart and I think refs are calling set restarts for things they wouldn’t call a penalty due to less scrutiny on the call interesting to see plenty of players in the nrl who could find themselves without a place in the game the next few years
Tbey'll all be 100m sprinters soon :(

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What’s with all the commentary team being so cautious with the way they pronounce ‘Maori’ ?
I don’t see anyone too concerned with the way they say ‘Aborigine’ or a reference to any other culture..
It’s funny listening to these Aussie commentators trying to summon their best kiwi accent ..lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ref is a Kiwi

Red_Horse

Waterboy
Reaction score
Totally agree and it’s the worst thing about the set restarts. Psychologically the refs always give them out so much easier than penalties. The NRL then brag about how penalties are down but set restarts are happening almost every set.

Red_Horse

Waterboy
Reaction score
JMk still just shovelling it out. Not drawing any defenders. One run.
The forwards haven’t given him any sort of a roll on with quick play the balls. His service is really good so far and as always strong in defence.

Reactions: J_B

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree and it’s the worst thing about the set restarts. Psychologically the refs always give them out so much easier than penalties. The NRL then brag about how penalties are down but set restarts are happening almost every set.
Yep for some reason set restarts aren’t seen as the equivalent of a penalty no list for them in stats anywhere either I know it’s only early and an exhibition but I find it pretty concerning

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah not a good sign when unemployed 50 year old Isaac Luke has looked the better hooker
They are chopping and changing the dummy halves but yeah Luke looking the better.

The game seems like there's 20 players in each team. Thats the problem with 6 again for off side maybe?