News Jimmy Brings:DOGS CHASE THE SUPERCOACH

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We need to offer big nine hand a three year deal to lure Bennett to his last coaching gig from next year on.

I don't think he will take a two year deal because I think Souths have got a 2022 plan for him in the backend. But 21-23 and his ears will perk.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are the news ATM. Last week it was Broncos for weeks. Before that warriors going home. The footy is the best it's been in years but negative news still sell more than any great game
The footy has been dissapointing, too many of the matches are one sided

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The footy has been dissapointing, too many of the matches are one sided
It's because so many year they have been developing robots. Now the teams with talent and skills are winning. This footy is getting close to when footy was at its best. The 90s. Great attack, many teams had great halves, 9s that can run. Edge back towards for halves to hit. The only think missing is centres running as pairs lol.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is fake news. I've read from a reliable source that Bellamy is taking over with Cam Smith to play hooker...... Stupid journos. Hahaha
What sauce tomato barbecue or chilli let us know thanks .

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of turmoil in the board ATM. This is not being helped by this Coorey guy doing his own thing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who is Kimmy Beings?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It could be as simple as his manager knowing we have $$$ and is going to try and negotiate a new deal.
If that’s the case though mate that’s not cool in my view - now is not the time to be renegotiating unless it is a case of securing a review for 21/22 maybe - or unless of course there’s more we don’t know - he’s already spoken of some fallacies about the event. Based on what we do know though surely now is the time for him to put his head down and show why both he and the club should stay together - or maybe it’s all just $ which would be a shame considering we bought him over from from possibly being resigned to Panthers reserves.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If that’s the case though mate that’s not cool in my view - now is not the time to be renegotiating unless it is a case of securing a review for 21/22 maybe - or unless of course there’s more we don’t know - he’s already spoken of some fallacies about the event. Based on what we do know though surely now is the time for him to put his head down and show why both he and the club should stay together - or maybe it’s all just $ which would be a shame considering we bought him over from from possibly being resigned to Panthers reserves.
Agree mate, I don’t think it’s the right move but it would not be out of character for a player manager to be trying to seek an upgraded deal for his client and in turn himself... just a loose theory I have as I don’t get where all the hate is coming from when he has been showing support on social
Media for the team.. albeit by just liking posts but you wouldn’t even be doing that if you truely had a problem.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs leagues club chairman George Coorey has been trying to sign Wayne Bennett to Belmore for at least 10 years now and was at it again this week.

With Trent Barrett at the prohibitive odds of $1.04 to get the gig, a quiet tip swept around Wednesday afternoon that the Dogs might be making a left-field play for the seven-time premiership-winner.

It won’t be happening. As much as some influential types at the Bulldogs were pushing for Bennett the club is now a fair way down the track in terms of installing Barrett for next year.

The three-year deal will most likely be announced next week.

D-DAY FOR FUMING BULLDOG AS RAIDERS LINK STRENGTHENS
The Bulldogs asked Harawira-Naera if he wanted Josh Jackson on a Zoom call with the club but were told thanks but no thanks.

Harawira-Naera’s beef is not with his Bulldogs teammates but rather the powers that be who run the club.

The meeting on Friday will be with chair Lynne Anderson and chief executive Andrew Hill.

SPOTTED

Phil Gould, Wayne Beavis and Bulldogs director Paul Dunn catching up for coffee late last week. Gus was the coach at Canterbury in 1988 and Penrith in 1991 when Dunn played front row in both grand final winning teams. Beavis is one of rugby league’s great characters who also acts as an adviser to the likes of Trent Barrett, Brad Fittler and Anthony Griffin
BULLDOGS LEGEND ANSWERS SOS

Two-time Dally M Medallist Mick Potter has offered to help the struggling Bulldogs out as an assistant coach after the sudden exit of Dean Pay and assistant coach Steve Antonelli this week. Potter was part of the Canterbury-Bankstown teams who won back-to-back grand finals in 1984 and 1985 under Warren Ryan and understands the fabric of the family club as well as anyone. The champion fullback won his first Dally M medal in 1984 after playing only one game of first grade in 1983.
Love potter! Great coach

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled that Barrett leads the way to be the next coach but it is the assistant coaching staff that make all of the difference.

Kimmorley said on Triple M yesterday that he would say no to a head coach role but would be keen to assist with halves coaching.
Ennis should be offered a supporting role and Jim Dymock should be invited back into the fold somehow.
For a bit of Bulldogs DNA we need to get Steve Price out of his current role and into the trenches again in another coach supporting role.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about fuckinnnnnnnn mick potter have a look at the size of him would ya

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled that Barrett leads the way to be the next coach but it is the assistant coaching staff that make all of the difference.

Kimmorley said on Triple M yesterday that he would say no to a head coach role but would be keen to assist with halves coaching.
Ennis should be offered a supporting role and Jim Dymock should be invited back into the fold somehow.
For a bit of Bulldogs DNA we need to get Steve Price out of his current role and into the trenches again in another coach supporting role.
Would prefer Ogre as a forwards coach

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs leagues club chairman George Coorey has been trying to sign Wayne Bennett to Belmore for at least 10 years now and was at it again this week.

With Trent Barrett at the prohibitive odds of $1.04 to get the gig, a quiet tip swept around Wednesday afternoon that the Dogs might be making a left-field play for the seven-time premiership-winner.

It won’t be happening. As much as some influential types at the Bulldogs were pushing for Bennett the club is now a fair way down the track in terms of installing Barrett for next year.

The three-year deal will most likely be announced next week.

D-DAY FOR FUMING BULLDOG AS RAIDERS LINK STRENGTHENS
The Bulldogs asked Harawira-Naera if he wanted Josh Jackson on a Zoom call with the club but were told thanks but no thanks.

Harawira-Naera’s beef is not with his Bulldogs teammates but rather the powers that be who run the club.

The meeting on Friday will be with chair Lynne Anderson and chief executive Andrew Hill.

SPOTTED

Phil Gould, Wayne Beavis and Bulldogs director Paul Dunn catching up for coffee late last week. Gus was the coach at Canterbury in 1988 and Penrith in 1991 when Dunn played front row in both grand final winning teams. Beavis is one of rugby league’s great characters who also acts as an adviser to the likes of Trent Barrett, Brad Fittler and Anthony Griffin
BULLDOGS LEGEND ANSWERS SOS

Two-time Dally M Medallist Mick Potter has offered to help the struggling Bulldogs out as an assistant coach after the sudden exit of Dean Pay and assistant coach Steve Antonelli this week. Potter was part of the Canterbury-Bankstown teams who won back-to-back grand finals in 1984 and 1985 under Warren Ryan and understands the fabric of the family club as well as anyone. The champion fullback won his first Dally M medal in 1984 after playing only one game of first grade in 1983.
From what I gather
The Andersons want a coach that they can have UNDER THEIR CONTROL
Somone like Bennett doesn't fit into their equation
Therefore it's unlikely for a coach like Bennett to sign with us
The conclusion for that to happen...The Andersons and their influence OUT !!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree he working with the Roosters atm I would like to see him get back involved with us
Give him a decent money offer to come and work for us, along with the prospect of getting back to the club he had success with and working with the best new forward signing in the NRL (Thompson), and some decent young up and comers, I reckon good chance he would shift.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would we go for Bennett. His coaching a Souths side, likely over the cap and can barely scrape a spot in the eight. Even view the last few years, what’s he done and brought to the table besides experience?