Opinion Jersey loyalties v Player loyalty

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Seinfeld right about loyalty to the Jersey ... Seems this is a very relevant topic with the Blues 2023
I'd also remark similar comments on players who change clubs who we once worship and now despise..
Who is your top 5 players you would nominate in RL history that infuriated their supporters.
Here's mine
1. DAVE KLEMMER (TYPO)
2. ARTHUR BEETSON
3. CHRIS MORTIMER
4. SBW
5. LATRELL MITCHELL

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Out of that list only SBW is probably valid given how he exited the club. I could make a case for Tallis and his exit from the Dragons as a similar event.

How Dave Brown got on your list I have no idea. In Australia he only ever played for the Roosters. Beeston was never the best trainer and never exited a club on bad terms.

Superleague 4 that left to Parra wasn't the best, but they did at least win a comp with us before they left.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone who wears a dogs jersey on the field and makes one mistake, or is "too slow" or hasn't got a "good kicking game, etc in accordance to the fantasies some have on here get crucified almost instantly these days.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not the colours, not even the jerseys it that emblem with the bulldog and CBB written on it. Players need to play for that little emblem that we are all passionate about the greatest club, Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs!!!

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not the colours, not even the jerseys it that emblem with the bulldog and CBB written on it. Players need to play for that little emblem that we are all passionate about the greatest club, Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs!!!
The worste thing nowadays is that the PRIDE & PRIVILEGE OF WEARING THE BULLDOGS ( BERRIES ) jumper is no longer, its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I've supported the ( Berries ) Bulldogs for over 60 years, there's no more toughness in the game, its all about how much money i can get.
Super fit maybe but thats about all, if you tackle to hard you get penalised i say bring back the biff, they can do the biff in soo why not in club games.
Rant over.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The worste thing nowadays is that the PRIDE & PRIVILEGE OF WEARING THE BULLDOGS ( BERRIES ) jumper is no longer, its all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I've supported the ( Berries ) Bulldogs for over 60 years, there's no more toughness in the game, its all about how much money i can get.
Super fit maybe but thats about all, if you tackle to hard you get penalised i say bring back the biff, they can do the biff in soo why not in club games.
Rant over.
You are 100% correct.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rant over.
Of course it’s about $$$ that’s why the game has turned to utter shit. Bookies an tab etc ruined once was best game in the world of sport!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anthony Mundine, always trying to convince everyone he was better than Fittler and Daley.
Then sucking a lollypop like a dummy when being fired/ released.
Yep, was totally going to say Mundine. He left his ‘beloved’ Dragons for money to play in Brisbane (Super League) and his return to Kogarah in ‘98 was spun as reunification (NRL) but he’d already given the game away when he of course gobbed off saying ‘The Broncos didn't treat me like royalty; at St George I am the man’. With that one comment he’d pretty much alienated two sets of fans. #victim #goose

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Willie Mason made a bit of an enemy of Belmore when he went to the Chooks with his parting shots at Folkesy, but we got our revenge with a quality banner in the crowd the next year that read ‘Willie was a Dog, now he’s a Cock’ :-).

And of course now he’s come full circle working back at Belmore…

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only three players really pissed me off with their departure from our club.

1. $BW- We all know that he fucked off in the middle of the night leaving his team mates, fans and club at a time when they'd invested a lot in him as their future. It really pissed me off that he then tried to justify his actions in a few interviews. He was a selfish turd early on and that never changed.

Ben Barba- He had the one great season with us based on the style of play we were offering. Each forward was virtually a playmaker with the hot potato football and having support runners galore. Barba along with Keating and Reynolds all benefited greatly. The big problem was that for Barba his ego got out of control. No other club was willing to give him his break due to him being too small, but as soon as the Broncos came knocking he did everything in his power to get the sack. I went quickly from being a huge fan to being very angry with the spoiled brat attitude he developed.

Klemmer- Another player that I turned against. I was actually a bit sick of him well before he left though. He was giving far less effort and having minimal impact at club level, but went into beast mode whenever he played a rep game. He was a workhorse for us but a rep level enforcer which we really needed at club level as well. So when he carried on like a bitch and left while proudly proclaiming how much better he'd do at Newcastle I was quite ok with him leaving despite the hole it left in our roster.

Away from our club I despise players that use the media to inflate their prices. It's not really nice for fans, I see it a bit like having a girlfriend shaking their ass trying to find a new man in front of their current one. When the media circus was reporting Latrine Mitchell was signing for a different club with each successive article, I really started to hope he'd be one we missed out on.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Willie Mason made a bit of an enemy of Belmore when he went to the Chooks with his parting shots at Folkesy, but we got our revenge with a quality banner in the crowd the next year that read ‘Willie was a Dog, now he’s a Cock’ :-).

And of course now he’s come full circle working back at Belmore…
Pretty sure his two try effort and flogging us 40-12 in that first game against us beats the banner

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
d.

Ben Barba- He had the one great season with us based on the style of play we were offering. Each forward was virtually a playmaker with the hot potato football and having support runners galore. Barba along with Keating and Reynolds all benefited greatly. The big problem was that for Barba his ego got out of control. No other club was willing to give him his break due to him being too small, but as soon as the Broncos came knocking he did everything in his power to get the sack. I went quickly from being a huge fan to being very angry with the spoiled brat attitude he developed.
Barba put us in a position when he belted his missus that we had to take a stand. I was happy to see him go. I can't condone that sort of behaviour. Nor should you. He was a waste of a talent.

Klemmer- Another player that I turned against. I was actually a bit sick of him well before he left though. He was giving far less effort and having minimal impact at club level, but went into beast mode whenever he played a rep game. He was a workhorse for us but a rep level enforcer which we really needed at club level as well. So when he carried on like a bitch and left while proudly proclaiming how much better he'd do at Newcastle I was quite ok with him leaving despite the hole it left in our roster.
Klemmer was all about his missus. I believe he had some off field issues like gambling that she was sure would be fixed if he could just get him away from that crowd. We all make choices in life that sometimes don't look great, but if it worked out for him, that's great. I think we forget players are people at times. Footy is just one part of life.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
When the media circus was reporting Latrine Mitchell was signing for a different club with each successive article, I really started to hope he'd be one we missed out on.
Agree. Made worse when he said ‘The sky’s the limit’ re: his perceived value moving from Bondi to Redfern.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only three players really pissed me off with their departure from our club.

1. $BW- We all know that he fucked off in the middle of the night leaving his team mates, fans and club at a time when they'd invested a lot in him as their future. It really pissed me off that he then tried to justify his actions in a few interviews. He was a selfish turd early on and that never changed.

Away from our club I despise players that use the media to inflate their prices. It's not really nice for fans, I see it a bit like having a girlfriend shaking their ass trying to find a new man in front of their current one. When the media circus was reporting Latrine Mitchell was signing for a different club with each successive article, I really started to hope he'd be one we missed out on.
Good post and totally agree with you. I see too much forgiveness of dunny bill and I don't like it. I've never heard anything remotely resembling "I was a poorly advised, petulant greedy so and so, and I let a lot of people down. I would never do this again". Instead he says if he had his time over, he may do the same?!?! Low integrity human and rightly still labelled money hungry.

ben barba had all the talent and none of the fortitude. Just a bad kind of man for the things he did and said. Doesn't matter what you do on the field when you stink the place up that bad with your behaviour. Then goes and keeps doing the same dumb stuff?!

I've teed off on klemmer on TK before. super entitled and his own biggest fan. I don't like fittler much, but I cheered when I heard fittler had a neck full of him and marked his name "never again". Good riddance and I'm so glad he's the tigers ploblem now

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, was totally going to say Mundine. He left his ‘beloved’ Dragons for money to play in Brisbane (Super League) and his return to Kogarah in ‘98 was spun as reunification (NRL) but he’d already given the game away when he of course gobbed off saying ‘The Broncos didn't treat me like royalty; at St George I am the man’. With that one comment he’d pretty much alienated two sets of fans. #victim #goose
I remember in 2000, the first time the dragons played the storm,after the storm had beat them in the 99 gf, in the lead up to the game, in typical Mundine style he was saying shit like "we were the better team in the gf and we'll prove that today" and the storm came out and beat them 70-10 :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cheese making a big deal joining the roosters to win premierships. Or did he mean, win on the pokermachines?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Seinfeld right about loyalty to the Jersey ... Seems this is a very relevant topic with the Blues 2023
I'd also remark similar comments on players who change clubs who we once worship and now despise..
Who is your top 5 players you would nominate in RL history that infuriated their supporters.
Here's mine
1. DAVE BROWN
2. ARTHUR BEETSON
3. CHRIS MORTIMER
4. SBW
5. LATRELL MITCHELL

Ben Barber says hello1685539410575.png