Jerome Luai or Dylan Edwards

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're a top 6 team with Edwards in the squad.

He fixes just amost every issue we have in attack and defense at the moment. Add a real Halfback to the side as well, and we have a spine for the first time in 10 years.

Luai wouldn't solve any of our issues and plays the same edge as Burton. So one of them would be forced to play out of position and one of them would have to become a game manager, which neither is.
Where's the real halfback? That issue doesn't get resolved until KO is ready. Just a pity we don't have an elite half at the Club to help fastrack KO.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunt has a get out clause I’m not sure how that works but anyway if Dragons don’t re sign Griffin he would be huge if available

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He doesn't have a get out clause. He wanted it but the dragons said no.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand that Luai is difficult to like but to say he is not a class player is fkn rubbish. His performance for Samoa in the World Cup where he had no 7 and no 9 was fkn world class. When Cleary plays without Luai he is never the same player, he plays much better with Luai beside him. Hynes is better than Luai individually but they are both good. Burton is still a potential player, is nowhere those two yet IMO

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That shows how shit Luai is.

If NSW was smart they would go Cleary/Hynes in the halves and Burton in the centres with fatrell
Can see big mistakes again being made in the backs by Fittler. Fatrell and Turbo do not deserve spots in the team. Turbo can't stretch out at all. Fatrell far too lazy, he's been tried at SOO before at centre and mostly failed.
Halves should be Cleary and Hynes. Centres Burton or Graham with Wighton. Wingers should be To'o and Suali'li.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the prices they are saying, absolutely none of them... hardly any player in the comp is worth 1mil.. and those 2 are definitely not in that bracket
I agree with you, but the "age old" an asset is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can see big mistakes again being made in the backs by Fittler. Fatrell and Turbo do not deserve spots in the team. Turbo can't stretch out at all. Fatrell far too lazy, he's been tried at SOO before at centre and mostly failed.
Halves should be Cleary and Hynes. Centres Burton or Graham with Wighton. Wingers should be To'o and Suali'li.
Latrell at centre in origin is near unstoppable. Turbo shouldn’t be considered unless he can stretch out

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd like to see Latrell and Campbell in the centres this year.. Hynes and Cleary Halves wings To'o and Suali'li get his opportunity. Burton we need with us selfishly during this period

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs now been named by Foxperts as home for Luai LOL.

"Both players would have no shortage of rival clubs interested in their services, but Chammas named one club that ‘makes sense’ as a landing place for Luai.

Chammas said: “I think the Bulldogs could be the right home. If they can get their salary cap in order, they need a seven. I know they’ve signed (18-year-old) Karl Oloapu.”

Chammas also believes Luai has shown the kind of organisational skills and leadership that could see him shift to halfback to partner Matt Burton.

Chammas added: “I think there are people that think he can play seven. He showed at the World Cup, while he wore six on his back, he led that team Samoa to the World Cup (grand final).”

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Edwards like most penny players works perfect in that system

Can’t see him doing much elsewhere

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering we bought Crighton to play fullback because Edwards is not moving from there it would be quite funny if we bought Edwards too. But I think we have Crighton at 1 and Burton at 6, so don't need to spend on these two positions. Find a gun 7 and prop instead
Having said that, if Penrith offered to give us Edwards in lieu of Chrichton next year (same deal), I'd prefer Edwards.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that Luai is difficult to like but to say he is not a class player is fkn rubbish. His performance for Samoa in the World Cup where he had no 7 and no 9 was fkn world class. When Cleary plays without Luai he is never the same player, he plays much better with Luai beside him. Hynes is better than Luai individually but they are both good. Burton is still a potential player, is nowhere those two yet IMO
You are spot on.
Both in individual assessment and in team environment.

At no stage did Penrith ever regret playing Luai ahead of Burton at 5/8th. They found value in him at centre but the emergence of Tago has made Burton a distant memory for them.

I don't particularly like Luai as a person. Find him arrogant, immature and annoying. But you can't ignore his talent when next to a good halfback. It doesn't need to be Cleary. Put DCE, Hunt, Hynes, Hughes, Moses next to him and he'll still be a gun.

You have to compliment him with the right half. Put him next to say, a Flanno or Burton, and he'll be bog average. But next to a SOO half, he'll do his job.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny watching NSW scratch their heads as to who to pick from the plethora of players they have, yet invariably realise they should've went the other way midway through game 1....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thi
Dogs now been named by Foxperts as home for Luai LOL.

"Both players would have no shortage of rival clubs interested in their services, but Chammas named one club that ‘makes sense’ as a landing place for Luai.

Chammas said: “I think the Bulldogs could be the right home. If they can get their salary cap in order, they need a seven. I know they’ve signed (18-year-old) Karl Oloapu.”

Chammas also believes Luai has shown the kind of organisational skills and leadership that could see him shift to halfback to partner Matt Burton.

Chammas added: “I think there are people that think he can play seven. He showed at the World Cup, while he wore six on his back, he led that team Samoa to the World Cup (grand final).”
This guy is a dick. No idea.

Burton and Luai played in the halves at Penrith afew years back and looked second rate.

They don't compliment each other. They don't work

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Neither, we don't need any more backs, were are covered in every position, twice over. There are other positions that need it being spent on, "it" being Cap space.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For our team ? Edwards, to work as a speed hump at Belmore, Luai