2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't anybody mention the egg in the room Jackson topine

Reactions: ATT

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He got crap service last year from our centres .. and was up against 2- 3 defenders every time he touched the ball. He knows how to get across the tryline .. will only getter better this season, teams will need to worry about Crichton, Xerri and Taafe linking from the back .. which means more 1 on 1 defending. This should give Skelton more room, definitely better service from 2 class centres, he could be anything if given the opportunity ..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why doesn't anybody mention the egg in the room Jackson topine
Topine hasn't shown up yet so he isn't in the room.

When he recovers enough from his issues then the situation will be addressed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So Kiraz or fox gone ? I hate to say it, but it would be for the betterment
I honestly think Skelton can cover winger, centre or second row if needed.

But like I mentioned, Skelton getting fed by Critta....wow.

But it all comes down to his progress in defence.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think Skelton can cover winger, centre or second row if needed.

But like I mentioned, Skelton getting fed by Critta....wow.

But it all comes down to his progress in defence.
Not having seen enough of him. What are his defensive problems? Is it positional, technique, not reading what’s coming at him?

Hearing people say he can cover second row, centre & wing says he could be a good bench option.

The three positions all require different defensive skill and technique. What position is he training in?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not having seen enough of him. What are his defensive problems? Is it positional, technique, not reading what’s coming at him?

Hearing people say he can cover second row, centre & wing says he could be a good bench option.

The three positions all require different defensive skill and technique. What position is he training in?
People like talking about his defence because of his Union background.

I can't answer about his position because all you get from the assistant and Gus is that he is a "special project" or some shit like that.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Crichton left centre

Jeral is a right side player

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

In the games iv seen its his decision making and as he is relatively slow in turning , effectively adjusting in defence has been a problem - HOWEVER his ball carrying from the backfield is very good and he is very hard to stop when given some space.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He got crap service last year from our centres .. and was up against 2- 3 defenders every time he touched the ball. He knows how to get across the tryline .. will only getter better this season, teams will need to worry about Crichton, Xerri and Taafe linking from the back .. which means more 1 on 1 defending. This should give Skelton more room, definitely better service from 2 class centres, he could be anything if given the opportunity ..
Wilsons a more traditional winger to a coaches eye it doesn’t surprise me that he prefers him. Certainly has pace and impressed me at first contact don’t recall him being dragged back. Pound for pound strongest whilst some aspects of him game were amateur his position sense inparticular I wouldn’t mind him in the starting line up.
Having a player like Skelton behind him in the pecking order doesn’t sit right though. Aerial threat to and as you said can find the line he needs minutes. I see Fox moving on beyond this year talk about a gun wing pairing, though we can’t leave it to late he will get offers and will go if he doesn’t get minutes won’t be suprised.