Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER Dies. RIB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
US guitarist Jeff Hanneman, a co-founder of the seminal heavy metal band Slayer, died from liver failure in a Southern Californian hospital on Thursday, the band said. He was 49.
The band's Facebook page recently posted: "Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11am this morning near his Southern California home.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ing-disease-20130503-2iwtm.html#ixzz2SBjJhlNh

Terrible news and terrible way to go for such a icon of Thrash Metal.

Reign in Blood.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Didnt he have some flesh eating disease from a spider earlier on too??

RIP

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolute legend of a guitarist and wrote a large number of Slayer songs. He will be missed.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Didnt he have some flesh eating disease from a spider earlier on too??

RIP
Yep : Necrotising Fasciitis

Got bitten about two years ago by a 'brown recluse spider'. Been battling it ever since. Today's statement said he died as a result of liver failure. What part the spider bite played in that is not known.

If I were a betting man, I'd say he hit the bottle after being forced to give up the gig in Slayer. Combined with his previous drinking (the man did love a Heineken remember) AND the lingering effects of the spider bite, I'd say it all contributed to his downfall.

It's sad ... Dimebag still haunts me, and we just finished saying goodbye to Chi from Deftones.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep : Necrotising Fasciitis

Got bitten about two years ago by a 'brown recluse spider'. Been battling it ever since. Today's statement said he died as a result of liver failure. What part the spider bite played in that is not known.

If I were a betting man, I'd say he hit the bottle after being forced to give up the gig in Slayer. Combined with his previous drinking (the man did love a Heineken remember) AND the lingering effects of the spider bite, I'd say it all contributed to his downfall.

It's sad ... Dimebag still haunts me, and we just finished saying goodbye to Chi from Deftones.
And Clive Burr from Iron Maiden a month ago. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.