Social Media Jazz Tevaga

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People wanted a hooker. They might just have one.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jazz Iosefa Tevaga is a Samoa international rugby league footballer who plays as a hooker and lock for the New Zealand Warriors in the NRL.

Biography:
After just 15 NRL appearances in his first two seasons, Jazz has become a key component in the team's mix, bringing heart, energy and desire every time he 's on the field.

Across the 2018 and 2019 campaigns he appeared in 42 of the club's 49 games, mainly injected off the bench to lift the side but also being used towards the end of the 2019 season as a starting loose forward.

His progress in 2020 was stymied following offseason surgery and further injuries which kept him out of the first eight rounds of the Covid-affected season.

When he was finally cleared to make his return against Gold Coast in round nine, Tevaga made an immediate impact coming off the bench. By the 11th round he was back as the starting loose forward.

While he's one of the smaller forwards around at just 178cm and 98kg, he's also one of the NRL's toughest forwards.

Jazz played in all four of Toa Samoa’s matches at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

APPEARANCES 78
TRIES 5
2021 SEASON/
APPEARANCES 9
SCORING
TRIES 0
ATTACK
TACKLE BREAKS 6
AVERAGE HIT UPS 8.9
POST CONTACT METRES 330.1
PASSING
OFFLOADS 9
DEFENCE
TACKLES MADE 269
TACKLE EFFICIENCY
Tackle Efficiency 91.6%
RUNNING METRES
AVERAGE RUNNING METRES 90
TOTAL RUNNING METRES 812
FANTASY
TOTAL POINTS 360
AVERAGE POINTS 40

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d take him to be honest

He can play lock and hooker

He’s strong with a late offload
He’s got a strong work ethic

He not a pussy and takes no shit from anyone

He plays with heart

Pretty much has everything our pack doesn’t

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d take him to be honest

He can play lock and hooker

He’s strong with a late offload
He’s got a strong work ethic

He not a pussy and takes no shit from anyone

He plays with heart

Pretty much has everything our pack doesn’t
I wouldn't. Not because i think he's bad but because I don't really see how he adds much value to our current squad. We need some genuine props or strike forwards, not another bloke that can do a job at lock or off the bench.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Not because i think he's bad but because I don't really see how he adds much value to our current squad. We need some genuine props or strike forwards, not another bloke that can do a job at lock or off the bench.
Bunty off contract too

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree - he stifles the attack for the Warriors - similar to Tolman - gets in the way - jink, dummy, tackled.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree - he stifles the attack for the Warriors - similar to Tolman - gets in the way - jink, dummy, tackled.
He's probably more Peachy like, can do a few good things and break up the game with his movement and offload but at the same time totally overplay his hand and set you back. Bench player at best.

I'd rather us invest in Topine for next season, I think he can play that utility forward type role off the bench before transitioning to a starting role. That's if he doesn't nail down a starting spot later this year