News Jayden Tanner

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Eddie Blacker replacement for reserve grade. He didn't cut it in first grade with us at all, so I'm happy to see him moved on, means more development players get time they need in NSW cup etc.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know we need front rowers,
It's strange we are letting go of a front rower.
He must not be too bad if the panthers wanted him.
I wonder if he has a top 30 spot at the panthers?

I also wonder, has Gus got some forwards coming we don't know about?
Are there some young forwards knocking on the nrl door from lower grades we don't know about?

I'm honestly uncomfortable with the uncertainty around our front row forwards at NRL level.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are there some young forwards knocking on the nrl door from lower grades we don't know about?

I'm honestly uncomfortable with the uncertainty around our front row forwards at NRL level.
Rightly so. As it stands our prop stocks are Hughes, King, Knight, Patolo, Sutton, Faamasuli. I dont think any of these other than maybe King would be guaranteed a place in any other clubs top 17

I dont recall our prop depth ever even being half this thin it is a major concern. I think there is merit in shifting kiks to prop for some extra size and power thru our middle. He needs to learn to get busier also and this could get him rolling

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rightly so. As it stands our prop stocks are Hughes, King, Knight, Patolo, Sutton, Faamasuli. I dont think any of these other than maybe King would be guaranteed a place in any other clubs top 17

I dont recall our prop depth ever even being half this thin it is a major concern. I think there is merit in shifting kiks to prop for some extra size and power thru our middle. He needs to learn to get busier also and this could get him rolling
It's absolutely my biggest concern heading into this upcoming season.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good to see him get a run back at Penrith. Seems like a good squad member.

What’s our middle depth looking like?

Top 30: King, Knight, Sutton, Patolo, Hughes, Montgomery, RFM*

Reserves: Morrin, Faamausili, Todd, Hopoi

Yeeeaaaa she’s a bit thin

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Eddie Blacker replacement for reserve grade. He didn't cut it in first grade with us at all, so I'm happy to see him moved on, means more development players get time they need in NSW cup etc.
Standards being set. Shape up or ship out.
No issue with this at all.
Would people prefer more Dylan Napa’s? Shudder :-).

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tanner wasn't retained by the club. He had no contract for next year. His contract expired end 2023.

I assume Tanner would have been told a fair while ago his services weren't required for next year. Same position as Averillo, Alamoti, Waddell, Flanagan, Thompson, Okunbor, Casey and Burns.

Our Top 30 is currently exhausted. Only way new players to be signed or come in is if current players are released. In some cases it might mean writing off the entire contract.

Some 2024 contracted players have already been moved on Quai Ward, Hoffman and Pele.

We have 6 players on a min of 80k supplementary deals might be higher. So that's around 500k of the 650k cap used already. Factor in they also get $3000 per game that needs to accounted for and that train & trial players once they play 3 NRL games get upgraded to development deals. This is why no club has exceeded 6 players on supplementary deals. Clubs who have 6 supplementaries Canberra, Canterbury, New Zealand, Redcliffe and St George.

Clubs who have the Top 30 currently exhausted Canberra, Canterbury, Parramatta, Souths and Wests Tigers.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Panthers wanted Alamoti though, so it’s obvious they are capable of errors too

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Panthers wanted Alamoti though, so it’s obvious they are capable of errors too
He's 19 lmao, kid shouldn't have even been playing NRL footy for us. He was one of the most hyped juniors in the game a year ago, plenty of time for him to develop and find a rope more suited to him which he will probably do at Penrith.