Rumour Jayden Sullivan

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if CC & Gus see something in him and can turn his game up another level. We just need someone to guide us like we had with noddy and hodko..
Why do people think we only need our halfback to "guide us"?

It's Bollocks.

We need a Dominant half to make up for what we lose with Burton at 5/8th.

Only a Hunt, DCE, Cleary, AReynolds, Moses or Hughes can provide us with what we need. Maybe even a Keary. Anyone else, and we arent solving any problems. Just prolonging them.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 30: 2023

Josh Addo-Carr
2. Paul Alamoti
3. Corey Allan
4. Jake Averillo
5. Bailey Biondi-Odo
6. Braidon Burns
7. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
8. Josh Jackson
9. Max King
10. Jacob Kiraz
11. Reed Mahoney (waiting for official announcement)
12. Villiame Kikau (waiting for official announcement
Tevita Pangai Junior
14. Jayden Okunbor
15. Jeral Skelton (extended for another 2 years, not announced yet)
16. Jackson Topine (extended for another 2 years, not announced yet)
Corey Waddell
18. Aaron Schoupp
19. Chris Patolo
20. Ryan Sutton (waiting for official announcement)
Ava Seumanufagai
22. Franklin Pele (waiting for official announcement)
23. Hayze Perham (waiting for official announcement)
24. Andrew Davey
(waiting for official announcement)
Kyle Flanagan
26. Josh Cook (don't know his contract situation, 1 or 2 year deal)
27. Luke Thompson (should be released, rubbish player)
28. Jayden Sullivan (would be gutted if the Dragons manage to convince him to stay)
29. Martin Taupau (would be a great signing)
30. Philip Makatoa (upgrade him, best forward in NSW cup)

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In regards to BBO maybe he is a 14.
Such a shame BBO injured his knee and looks like missing a major chunk of next season

I think he would make a good 14, can cover both halves and hooker and gives us some attack and spark off the bench

The other side of the coin is would he be better served spending more time primarily in NSW Cup as a number 7 honing his skills

Unfortunately this injury is really going to hamper his development

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Such a shame BBO injured his knee and looks like missing a major chunk of next season

I think he would make a good 14, can cover both halves and hooker and gives us some attack and spark off the bench

The other side of the coin is would he be better served spending more time primarily in NSW Cup as a number 7 honing his skills

Unfortunately this injury is really going to hamper his development
I would of loved to see him have a few games next to Bomber...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smart play by Gus though if that’s the case, we chase Hunt and Dragons resign him whilst at the same time having the ulterior motive of picking up Sullivan.
Nothing smart about it.
It's Hunt we needed. Not some rookie on potential.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are all dreaming of Munster and Moses maybe not all, I'm not saying it can't happen but wondering does anyone know what the plan is what is going on in Gus's and CC's minds ?
For some reason I believe Hastings is still the dark horse for the 7, Sullivan is second only because he isn't the experienced halfback that Gus was talking about...
I've been known to get it wrong before, we all do sometimes :laughing:
Forget about the "experienced halfback " comment by Gus. It's about 6 months old.

It's dead and buried. Was probably never true. Misdirection by Gus.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather we spent big dollars on a top shelf half than underperforming forwards but not much on the market.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forget about the "experienced halfback " comment by Gus. It's about 6 months old.

It's dead and buried. Was probably never true. Misdirection by Gus.
We definitely were interested

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was really optimistic flanno would come good over time and prove the haters wrong and more importantly himself. Sorry flano wish you all the best bring Sullivan in asap it’s an upgrade in every way

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

It's Bollocks.

Only a Hunt, DCE, Cleary, AReynolds, Moses or Hughes can provide us with what we need. Maybe even a Keary. Anyone else, and we arent solving any problems. Just prolonging them.
Exactly. If we have to wait for a top half to be available then that's the way it is.
Why risk Sullivan just being another NSW Cup standard halves on the roster? I already can count 4 or 5? Including Flanagan.
What club is interested in a 21 year old NSW Cup player who will demand a release if not in 1st grade?
Even if his manager has talked him into it and gone to the media it's not a good sign.
Might be proven wrong but BBO seems at least as good a prospect as Sullivan. His injury is a setback. But once he gets back he should be the No1 half in NSW cup.
With Wakeham gone there will be a better chance to see what he offers. He's still only 20.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm over the organising vs running half debate. When is the last time we had threats either side of the ruck? The more this guy and Burton run and threaten the better! They're professional footballers who will work out who needs to lead and when, bring on the speed....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm over the organising vs running half debate. When is the last time we had threats either side of the ruck? The more this guy and Burton run and threaten the better! They're professional footballers who will work out who needs to lead and when, bring on the speed....
This!

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm thinking the same. Attach from both sides and let the organising take care of it's self with time.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People get lost in tradition and think that’s how it needs to be. To be fair, every team that has won the premiership in recent years has had a traditional halves setup. Name another 5/8 that does all the kicking though? Burton isn’t a traditional 5/8 so we can deviate with our halfback as well because of that luxury.

The need for an “organizer” is already negated by bringing in Reed. When your hooker is doing the steering you can have two average halves or two exciting running game halves. He will take lead of our direction with his crisp service. It makes a lot of sense to have attacking threats either side of him and bring Burto in closer now he has Kikau running decoys. Doesn’t need to create his own space anymore.

I really like the idea of another running threat half.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People get lost in tradition and think that’s how it needs to be. To be fair, every team that has won the premiership in recent years has had a traditional halves setup. Name another 5/8 that does all the kicking though? Burton isn’t a traditional 5/8 so we can deviate with our halfback as well because of that luxury.

The need for an “organizer” is already negated by bringing in Reed. When your hooker is doing the steering you can have two average halves or two exciting running game halves. He will take lead of our direction with his crisp service. It makes a lot of sense to have attacking threats either side of him and bring Burto in closer now he has Kikau running decoys. Doesn’t need to create his own space anymore.

I really like the idea of another running threat half.
Fullback organises defence - get a fb that can organise the attack as well.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree , we made a pretty good fist of 2012 without an organiser. Reynolds and Keating were just energiser bunnies with good running games. They played off the back of Ennis, Jimmy Graham, and Kas.

Dangerous running halves will have a field day running off Reed Mahoney bullet passes wide of the ruck.

I am keen to see Sullivan join us, won't cost much and even if it doesn't work out we are simply treading water till someone better becomes available.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It's Bollocks.

As much as I agree, you gotta start somewhere. 2 years ago you probably wouldn't have said Hunt, Moses or Hughes were capable of that role.

At the moment all our recent Halfbacks have been passengers. Getting a guy in that may actually contribute in some way, is a start.