Rumour Jayden Sullivan

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The twist is the recruitment manager at saints is Shane Flanagan. So if he allows the release he could hobble his sons career if he comes to us
Might also work in our favour having his dad at the saints and possibly getting him a longer term deal with a trade for Jayden, and that way Kyle can still be coached by daddy.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The twist is the recruitment manager at saints is Shane Flanagan. So if he allows the release he could hobble his sons career if he comes to us
Hopefully we could swap

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane would have to know that 23 is Kyle's last year at the Dogs. If he can get a swap deal and dupe the Saints into giving Kyle a couple of more years then surely he'd take it even if it means Kyle is playing NSW Cup

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After dragons denied Sloan’s request, I don’t see them approving Sullivan’s…

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, if Sullivan is signed, he would cost very little. Maybe double the minimum contract, but still half of what Flanagan is on. He's worth taking a chance on as he has decent skills and is a dangerous runner at times. He might not pan out, but the risk is minimal compared to what we paid for Flanagan.
It’s a case of I have no doubt he’s better than Flanagan in attack. I don’t think there is a worse 7 in the game as far as attack as Flanagan. He backs up and supports well but he is a fucking 7 and doesn’t create, doesn’t organise, doesn’t threaten and his kicking game is pathetic.

That said I’m far from sold on Sullivan. I watched him a little and saw a decent running game which is huge compared to Flanagan’s but I’m concerned he’s no better than bbo.

I trust in Gus though. He has said we need a 1 and 7 and we clearly do.

Don’t know if this is a realistic long term solution or just another roll of dice on short term lower wage to see until 24 and big fish become available.

Personally I’d go hard at Munster and Moses. Hope we land 1 of them (realistically I doubt it very much but worth a shot)
We are all dreaming of Munster and Moses maybe not all, I'm not saying it can't happen but wondering does anyone know what the plan is what is going on in Gus's and CC's minds ?
For some reason I believe Hastings is still the dark horse for the 7, Sullivan is second only because he isn't the experienced halfback that Gus was talking about...
I've been known to get it wrong before, we all do sometimes :laughing:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We are all dreaming of Munster and Moses maybe not all, I'm not saying it can't happen but wondering does anyone know what the plan is what is going on in Gus's and CC's minds ?
For some reason I believe Hastings is still the dark horse for the 7, Sullivan is second only because he isn't the experienced halfback that Gus was talking about...
I’d prefer Hastings to Sullivan. Seen enough to know he would be a very handy 7 for burton and be a serviceable spine member with Mahoney.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of this kid. It doesnt suit a time line of being competitive next season. I would have been making a call to pearce or DCE just to test the water. From what I have seen this kid is far from polished. Definitely has potential but that takes time to iron out and develop.

I think he'd be a great 14. But to hear whispers that he walks into the 7. Im not sure. Burton needs a leader, and organiser he needs an experienced half to take the pressure off himself and let him develop. throwing in a kid with less experience, who is not even at the top of his game in reserves is a worry if he is to be a starting half. Sullivan has a handfull of try assists, 2 forced drop outs and tackles at about 80% effectivness in 9 games. His best game was against the dogs where he put on 3 of his 7 try assists. He also only scored 2 in games (trys).

Will be interesting to see if we are done for 2023 or there will be some more moves coming along.....

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I am still hoping Hastings might be in the picture and Sullivan to replace Wakeham and BBO (whilst out injured).

I just think Hastings has the experience, he seems confident and is coming into the prime age for a playmaker. He also seems like a loud voice and organiser on the field, something we are sorely missing

I think with better players around him he could do the job for us and is a definite upgrade from Flanno

Ideally we swap Flanno for Sullivan, pick up Hastings and that leaves us with Hastings, Burton, Sullivan, BBO and Rajeb as our scrumbase options

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can’t hurt, our options are stretched thin with BBO out for an extended period. if he has a good preseason he could knock flanno off the 7 jumper (surely wouldn’t be hard). would have preferred a 7 with experience but if that’s not to be then a decent younger player who’s hungry for first grade and can be moulded will have to do. they all have to start somewhere right?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am still hoping Hastings might be in the picture and Sullivan to replace Wakeham and BBO (whilst out injured).

I just think Hastings has the experience, he seems confident and is coming into the prime age for a playmaker. He also seems like a loud voice and organiser on the field, something we are sorely missing

I think with better players around him he could do the job for us and is a definite upgrade from Flanno

Ideally we swap Flanno for Sullivan, pick up Hastings and that leaves us with Hastings, Burton, Sullivan, BBO and Rajeb as our scrumbase options
How long is hastings out with his brokwn leg?

Are halfbacks like Horses when they break a leg?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
by the way dragons fans are spewing about bud requesting a release. heaps of comments on the dragons post about hunt re signing

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in 2021 he was playing NSW Cup, but had come up from Jersey Flegg.

A month younger than Topine so he was still able to play Flegg this year.

Very elusive, and really decent footwork at the line, with a short kicking game. Pretty much the opposite of Flanno.

Not sure how his defence is, but that's something Flanno is very good at. Looks like Sullivan doesn't offload much.

Here are some highlights...
Burton at 1:04 chasing after him.