Official Jayden Okunbor - A debut to remember

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I have seen plenty of him. I don’t see the comparison at all
their haircut is the only thing in common i can see.. Idris never was able to run with fluency due to a hip issue and was slower than a wet week.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i will get hammered for this , but i think he doesnt have the fitness/ stamina to play full 80 minutes.

He was never really tested by the toothless Tigers.

I am having a feeling every one here will be calling for his head after the next game.
I love how nobody noticed the 5 or 6 blatant missed tackles... Vunivalu will surely make him look stupid this week but if Okunbor matches it then we got a gooden, well for the future at least.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
same position, similar build, same origin...what else.... same hair style?
Jamal played every game in 08/09 at centre and Jayden hasn’t played centre for a few years. Jamal has a lot more bulk then JO. Origin and hair are similar but pretty irrelevant on the field.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many of you use to make fun of him in NSW Cup for being poor but I was always a fan.
Not really, everyone was just saying he had shit defence and ball control... 5 missed tackles and a dropped ball isn't really the best debut. His lucky he had some strong carries and Lachy put him away for a gallop down the flank a couple of times.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Hightower towering over Ado Car, no doubt Lewis and Cogger are practising the wide high kicks to the left.

Go Dogs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Hightower towering over Ado Car, no doubt Lewis and Cogger are practising the wide high kicks to the left.

Go Dogs
Nice thought but he is on Vunivalu's wing..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice thought but he is on Vunivalu's wing..
Are you sure? #2 is usually the right winger and the right winger on one team lines up against the left winger #5 on the other team.

But Hightower played in #2 on the left wing last week, so who knows?

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you sure? #2 is usually the right winger and the right winger on one team lines up against the left winger #5 on the other team.

But Hightower played in #2 on the left wing last week, so who knows?

Go Dogs
Numbers mean nothing. Go have a look at how many teams actually lined up like that on the weekend.

Okunbor was on the left edge, Vunivalu is the right side winger for Melbourne. JAC is on the left.

Okunbor will be facing Vunivalu.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Numbers mean nothing. Go have a look at how many teams actually lined up like that on the weekend.
Okunbor was on the left edge, Vunivalu is the right side winger for Melbourne. JAC is on the left.
Okunbor will be facing Vunivalu.
Traditionalist like me hate that :rage:
Forwards are numbered wrong too it should be 8 = lock, 9 & 10 = second row and 11-13 = front row :rage::rage:

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did anyone else have him in their starting 13 prior to round one

Yessir

Lol