Jarryd Hayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the NRL had any guts and of course just a little sense (just a little mind you), they would not register Hayne's contract and that of a few others for that matter
if they really wanted to clean up the games image, it would be the better way to go. For me if our club signed Hayne I would not watch the games he plays in.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If the NRL had any guts and of course just a little sense (just a little mind you), they would not register Hayne's contract and that of a few others for that matter
if they really wanted to clean up the games image, it would be the better way to go. For me if our club signed Hayne I would not watch the games he plays in.
Really? I get that he is a polarising bloke, but there is no denying he can play footy. So far he has done everything above board. He left the Eels with their agreement. He joined the Titans mid-season when not contracted to anyone and the Eels didn't want/couldn't afford him. He hasn't asked for a release from his contract. We've only heard from others that he wants out and it is to be close to his kid. I've met him. He actually is big on the family stuff as is the rest of his family. He's not doing drugs like the Chooks, he doesn't run away in the middle of the night like SBW, he's not on peptides, he doesn't have a fleet of boats in the garage, he's good to dogs. Not being religious, I don't get the Hillsong thing but even so its hardly a negative. His biggest problem seems to be he does his own thing. He seemed to have dig for the Titans this year and he is certainly working hard with the Fijians. If a club wants to pay big dollars for him then that's on them not him. Not that we could afford him but he would certainly solve our FB questions.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not going to happen.

Probably end up at Sharks or Roosters.

He's far less welcome amongst Eels playing group than the media perceive.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? I get that he is a polarising bloke, but there is no denying he can play footy. So far he has done everything above board. He left the Eels with their agreement. He joined the Titans mid-season when not contracted to anyone and the Eels didn't want/couldn't afford him. He hasn't asked for a release from his contract. We've only heard from others that he wants out and it is to be close to his kid. I've met him. He actually is big on the family stuff as is the rest of his family. He's not doing drugs like the Chooks, he doesn't run away in the middle of the night like SBW, he's not on peptides, he doesn't have a fleet of boats in the garage, he's good to dogs. Not being religious, I don't get the Hillsong thing but even so its hardly a negative. His biggest problem seems to be he does his own thing. He seemed to have dig for the Titans this year and he is certainly working hard with the Fijians. If a club wants to pay big dollars for him then that's on them not him. Not that we could afford him but he would certainly solve our FB questions.
Your right on a few matters, but what riles me is that, (1) He jumps away from League where he was well paid would have set himself up for life, then having not succeed NFL he want's to go to the Olympics and was not wanted their. (2) then some other dream of his which I cant remember. (3) Finally signs with the Titans, any moron could see that he did not give his best inspite of the money he was paid, when all along he had promised to go back to the ells if his NFL dream failed.
So mate we just have to agree to disagree, at our club he would only have been a disruption.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Your right on a few matters, but what riles me is that, (1) He jumps away from League where he was well paid would have set himself up for life, then having not succeed NFL he want's to go to the Olympics and was not wanted their. (2) then some other dream of his which I cant remember. (3) Finally signs with the Titans, any moron could see that he did not give his best inspite of the money he was paid, when all along he had promised to go back to the ells if his NFL dream failed.
So mate we just have to agree to disagree, at our club he would only have been a disruption.
I agree with you on him being a disruption. It was only the bit about not registering his contract that I was on about. He's done nothing wrong apart from do his own thing, unlike Roberts, the entire Roosters and Sharks teams, a few at Parra and the Raiders to name a few that come to mind. Now they needed to be deregistered. Hayne just needs to be paid what he is worth and that's up to a club who may be desperate. He's already made his contract money back for the club in jersey sales so it wasn't all bad news. Same with the 49ers. They made a fortune off him.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Fuck that. Wouldn't want the club to paying overs for a bloke who's way past his best.

Besides I'm sure his dream is to play under the roosters salary sombrero tbh.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
So we are the family Club, we bring back the DNA and now we want the most disloyal player in the NRL - I doubt it very much.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Big fat NO the guy is not in it for the club or team. In it for money and himself.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some reports are saying its all done with us n Princess, 1 year with an option in our favour.
Dont know how i feel to be honest, if its for wing or FB i dont want him at the club.
If its for centre or 5/8 and we're not paying much it might be worth a risk but hes terrible for team culture, its a risk.

I think he wants to move back to be closer to Ian Thorpe to be honest.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a low act walking out like that, does not give a shit about his team mates, the Club he represents and the Titan Fans he only cares about Jarryd Hayne, why would one want a turd like that playing in your side, what an ass hole if true.
Its just not the right thing to do!!
Jarryd Hayne is to a club what the Roosters are to players!

Who would want to play with Hayne & who would want to play for the Roosters? I know money talks, but seriously you are selling your soul to the devil & deserve what you get when you get dumped.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main aspect of our recent change in head coach has been about culture. I cannot see how Jarryd would fit into that parameter. There is no doubting his talent however there are massive misgivings about his attitude. I would rather us throw the kitchen sink at the trbojevic kids who play good footy week in week out rather than Jarryd. Besides the main thin g we need to do is decompress the salary cap in 2018 so our roster is pretty much set as it is.

As side note it is depressing we lost Graham given his performances for England because it is just so obvious that that dickhead Hasler supressed the majority of his ball playing a the line.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The main aspect of our recent change in head coach has been about culture. I cannot see how Jarryd would fit into that parameter. There is no doubting his talent however there are massive misgivings about his attitude. I would rather us throw the kitchen sink at the trbojevic kids who play good footy week in week out rather than Jarryd. Besides the main thin g we need to do is decompress the salary cap in 2018 so our roster is pretty much set as it is.

As side note it is depressing we lost Graham given his performances for England because it is just so obvious that that dickhead Hasler supressed the majority of his ball playing a the line.
Graham may have played a little better with the poms but not much. He is still running sideways and just because he passes instead of runs doesn't make him a ball player. Woods is all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.