Jarrad Hickey 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad morrin

Anti niff nuff
Reaction score
I dunno why everyone is bagging this bloke. Hes still only young & improving each year, he had a gun season last yr even though he missed a whole pre season. I think he even won a channel 9 man of the match one week jeez!
Hel be leading our pack in a few yrs u wait and see.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its funny forwards dont usually peak until there in their mid 20s'

Hickeys got tons of potential. He's definately worth keeping around if not in first grade then at least in NSW Cup.

i dont know why so many people bag him out as well... but this is the kennel after all dont forget you get a lot of stupid opinions

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I dunno why everyone is bagging this bloke. Hes still only young & improving each year, he had a gun season last yr even though he missed a whole pre season. I think he even won a channel 9 man of the match one week jeez!
Hel be leading our pack in a few yrs u wait and see.
I think you over rated what he did last year, he was ok and one mom performance doesnt mean he had a great season. Hickey does have potential but we are sick of hearing the same each year about Hickey, it has been the same for a number of years now, i hope he does develop into a good forward cause he has the size but right now, he is down in the pecking order.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude most people aren't bagging him out - there's a lot of sarcasm that goes on in this forum in case you can't read between the lines.

Personally I think he will get better - but there's no denying he isn't the most promising forward in our squad.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Internet Warriors have opinions to you know.

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hickey is improving every year and he will be in the 17 this year.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
he has so much potential but we are yet to see it.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Darren Britt copped heaps early in his career for being a big slow log.

He ended up playing for Australia. Hickey has plenty of time and if he maintains a good work ethic theres no reason he can't mature into a very good prop.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think Hickey has made any improvements to his game since he burst onto the scene in 2006.

Seriously, what has he improved? Minutes played? No. Passing game? No. Ratio of Tackles to Minutes? No. Tackle Effectiveness? No. Ratio of Hit-ups to Minutes? No. Agility? No. Aggression? No.

He's a bench forward, at best. If we don't see a marked improvement this year, I personally believe he's just taking up space and holding our juniors back.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was only good a few years back when ogre, asotasi and the other forwards would soften the defence, then Hickey would roll over them because they were too tired

X

XxFoVoSxX

Personally, I don't think Hickey has made any improvements to his game since he burst onto the scene in 2006.

Seriously, what has he improved? Minutes played? No. Passing game? No. Ratio of Tackles to Minutes? No. Tackle Effectiveness? No. Ratio of Hit-ups to Minutes? No. Agility? No. Aggression? No.

He's a bench forward, at best. If we don't see a marked improvement this year, I personally believe he's just taking up space and holding our juniors back.
eyyyyyyy someone here has a brain!!
pretty much what i;ve been trying to say.. on ya slip

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be very tiring for a 100kg forward to have a strong year, year after year. O'Meley is a classic example, he went great for a while then couldnt keep on producing his best.
The Broncos had a great run of consistant big men like Lazarus, Tallis, Webcke, the Bulldogs should buy someone like Brad Thorn.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score

Ouch Slipper - OUCH !!!

Some ugly truths in there .... I'm cheering him on to keep Bain fired up.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Actually Damo, I wasn't planning on dignifying the Hickey-bashing with a response.

-313-

x 2. 100% correct.

As I said in another thread, I don't understand how could he still be that fat... all he does is train, his diet must be really bad, he should show more commitment and work on it... could you imagine how devastating he would be if he replaced his fat with muscle and became more agile...

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Actually Damo, I wasn't planning on dignifying the Hickey-bashing with a response.
I'm on your side bro ... the stats, they speak for themselves (lol - does that ever get tired) ... but I'm hoping he has a cracker so you can sing "Told Ya So !" for weeks ! :becky:

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Oh, he will. And if he doesn't, I've never let the truth (or the stats) get in the way of a good yarn.

evo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he is a good player plays hard every week. I think he looked the fittest I have ever seen him at the trial last week.

I reckon he would make more tackles and play harder than half of you whingers on this site.

Go Tha Hickster for Dally M

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I reckon he would make more tackles and play harder than half of you whingers on this site.
Only half? Damn, you really don't think much of him do you...

Status
Not open for further replies.