JAPAN Earthquake / Worldwide Tsunami ALERT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
* 8.9 earthquake - Unparalleled destruction and loss of life.
* 6th largest earthquake of ALL TIME !
* Largest known recorded siesmological event in Japanese history.
* WORLD WIDE Tsunami alert issued - 50 countries around the Pacific Rim on high alert !
* Oil refinery near Tokyo has exploded and remains uncontrolled.
* Widespread Tsunami inundation in Northern Japan extending over 10km inland.
* Nuclear power station affected in aftershock. Failure of coolant systems. - HIGH concerns over Nuclear Meltdown in one reactor.

[video=youtube;PBZGH3yieLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBZGH3yieLc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow, this is amazing coverage from BBC. Just watched live coverage of the tsunami waters sweeping literally hundreds of metres inland, covering fields and large areas of land in seconds.

It's crazy seeing massive boats and trucks being swept along so easily by the water. Fires are burning in the middle of the mass of water. I've never seen anything like this.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Was watching some Live footage from Ten's 6PM news, water was just sweeping through the inland with cars just on the other side of the bloody road....

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
* Power out to millions.
* Oil refinery in Tokyo on fire
* Massive ongoing tsunami's along east coast.

* Worldwide Pacific Ocean Tsunami Alert issued !

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Pay attention ... earthquake began 70mins ago from this post.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was watching some Live footage from Ten's 6PM news, water was just sweeping through the inland with cars just on the other side of the bloody road....
That freaked me out. The cars seemed to be moving so slowly, and the water was catching up with them.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Was wondering what the hell was going on. On the bus home and saw ****loads of people watching sky news through the St George bank window on George st. Logged onto news.com on the iPhone and saw the article. Modern technology aye.

Freaking terrible. I was supposed to be over there at the moment getting tattooed by Horiyoshi the III. Hope he's okay.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a strange coincidence, since the moon has been bombed this planet has gone crazy with Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions!

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Natural disasters arent interesting. even large scale ones. People dead and sh1t everywhere. the pictures from all these disasters all look the same. the media love it because its cheap to cover and rates hugely. I feel for all the people involved, but disasters happen so much and are covered so widely that I have stopped feeling anything.

I guess personally I find stories that are driven from a persons behaviour/politics a lot more interesting and gets my attention. I know im going to be spammed hard for this, but soz lol..

Everyone is allowed their opinion.

However, given this topic does not interest you, I would suggest it is probably in your best interests to avoid this thread in future. :grinning:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
natural disasters arent interesting or surprising. the media loves them so much. i bet they prey for it.dont confuse this for me not having any care or remorse for those affected.
The media suck enormously during these events. They are ghouls.

But initially, they can be of use in disseminating information.

We appreciate that you do care for those affected.

But given you don't find it interesting, and because too many people feel strongly about these situations, you would be much better off leaving the thread alone.

In my opinion. :p

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
natural disasters arent interesting or surprising. the media loves them so much. i bet they prey for it.
dont confuse this for me not having any care or remorse for those affected.
I agree...

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a pretty major event so of course the media are going to have mass coverage of it. If they didn't cover it most people would be accusing them of not caring.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can sort of see what Mongoose means to be honest.

Personally, I find it more interesting than saddening. Don't take that for me wanting this to happen, it's just that these sort of things are very interesting and I have no personal affiliation with the disaster, so my reason for following is more out of interest than emotion.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
There have been 18 aftershocks since inital 8.8 - 10 over magnitude 6, all over magnitude 5 ...

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any updates on the warnings to the countries in the pacific?

L

Licker

Devastating... I love Japan and to see them having a 2nd earthquake within matter of 2 weeks is just a plain disaster

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i reckon this could be the worst tsunami then the boxing day one 4 yrs ago what do u think.

Status
Not open for further replies.