Jamil Hopoate arrest

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i'm with Mitch Connor..don't care it's storm in a thimble bs.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
who really gives a flying f... FFS the club has more serious issues than this... take the tin foil cap off champ

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chanel 9 just reported Jamil Hopoate arrested on drug charges. Showed footage of Will in Bulldogs gear playing against Broncos. Surely dogs take legal action on this one. Getting beyond a joke with all the Bulldogs bashing. I’m sure our sponsors aren’t impressed.
LOL

They showed the wrong Hopoate, all they have to do is maybe apologise. Can we sue, as our team is masquerading as a FG football team. Maybe the Broncos can sue Channel 9, as they showed the Dogs scoring against them. That didn't happen this year.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah why the fuck does she have to start with NRL Bulldogs player. Get fucked. Seems minor but I’m pretty sure the club wouldn’t be happy being associated with a story like this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's par for the course.
For sure they are going to say his bro offering a surety and plays for the Bulldogs.

The Nine Newsflash was a worse example of the typical press we get..showing Will scoring a try while voice over is about former Bronco brother.

At least it wasn't a vid of Will letting in a try I guess.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chanel 9 just reported Jamil Hopoate arrested on drug charges. Showed footage of Will in Bulldogs gear playing against Broncos. Surely dogs take legal action on this one. Getting beyond a joke with all the Bulldogs bashing. I’m sure our sponsors aren’t impressed.
I did not see the story but if what you say is correct well that will do me. It was Jamil and NOT Will who was the person involved.This is not the first time Will has been dragged into an article about him either.

For the record Channel Nine....... if you wanted to link him to the game of Rugby League his last and only first grade club colours he played in were those of the Brisbane Broncos, so why not use that ...but that possibly does not suit their agenda. Has had a stellar career and not on the field........

2012 sacked by Parramatta for off-field incidents including a mid-range drink driving conviction
2014 jailed for one year and a two-year good behaviour bond for a violent assault on two men at a Sydney pub. Hopoate was sacked by Manly over the incident.
2020, was charged with domestic violence and drink driving.

If the NRL will not speak to the media about their bias, yeah, we say only what we have to say to the media and give them the bare minimum.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's par for the course.
For sure they are going to say his bro offering a surety and plays for the Bulldogs.

The Nine Newsflash was a worse example of the typical press we get..showing Will scoring a try while voice over is about former Bronco brother.

At least it wasn't a vid of Will letting in a try I guess.
One other time I think Will paid a 50k surety for his brother.....when he was sacked by Parra?

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pity about the arrest. A few lines of that coke and Will *might* have got back some of his pace from his earlier days!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the up and comer Hopoate that went go Canberra ? Haven’t heard much about him ... wasn’t he suppose to be a super star

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It comes as no surprise that a person who has played for Parra and Broncos is an arsewipe.
Who was the recent Broncos player who hit his partner and then tried to drink drive away from the cops? I thought that was a Hopoate as well?