James Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
looks like he might be going to the broncos, big 3rd party deal will get him over the line
Rubbish.

If they sign him that will do me. Their caps got to be blown. Unless they magically have another employee quit and magically become mute.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuk do the broncos have the space in the salary cap to sign roberts......and why arent the dogs going all out to sign him?..cant believe we resigned sam perret.....what a joke

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He'll stay at the Titans unless someone offers him a stupid amount of money

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuff hopoate and throw money at roberts.....the dogs are desperate for a try machine like him.....he would complement josh morris perfectly

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stuff hopoate and throw money at roberts.....the dogs are desperate for a try machine like him.....he would complement josh morris perfectly
100% for Roberts over Hoppa, I'd put him at Fullback myself, twins on one edge, Lafai and Rona on the other

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He would be good at fullback but I heard he's going to the Cowboys

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes not coming here. even if Des listened to the Perrett haters, we have other backs in NSW Cup that can step up. Didnt we also sign the Warriors up and coming (junior) fullback recently? If hes been bought as a future FB prospect why in Gods name would we waste money on a short term FB until hes ready. Wont happen.

I think our season was a combination of too many injuries and suspensions (not able to get any momentum all year how often they happened), and i am not convinced with Des' game plan these days. For starters we had BMoz and Graham out for 1/3 of the season each. Our key signing and our Captain. Didnt help us at all. At one point we had like 8 players out for about a month.

IMO Des is the one that needs the most improvement in 2016, and some better luck would help with injuries and suspensions. And dont tell me it happens to everyone.

Sure all teams get injuries, but some worse than others, and it also depends who gets injured. You start losing halves (see how souths fell apart when they lost theirs) and Captains, its worse than a few forwards being out. Penrith had the worst injury luck in 2015 and look what happened to them, top 4 to not making the finals, with pretty much the same team as 2014.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Will stay at the Titans.

Anywhere else is just papertalk. Titans offered him a lifeline when no other NRL team would touch him, AND they helped him get his life back on track.

Much like Packer (if he is allowed to stay in Australia), I can't see leaving the Dragons.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely not. Didn't they originally sack him?
Not sure. A mate of mine sponsors souffs and reckons he's going there. They are also gunning for Peter Hiku and Ben Teo. Add Sam Burgess and it's clear they have no cap to worry about

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure. A mate of mine sponsors souffs and reckons he's going there. They are also gunning for Peter Hiku and Ben Teo. Add Sam Burgess and it's clear they have no cap to worry about
Absolute rubbish, before you kick up not saying you are making it up. Saying it's non sense. NRL has refused to register SBurgess contract. That's with Walker gone. No chance they can add Te'o, Hiku & Roberts. Hell no chance the NRL will allow them to register Te'o and no way in the world they could afford him or Roberts fullstop. Roberts could no doubt command 500-600k a year now from Titans and get it no dramas. He was meant to be on a 300k year deal now.

Talks been going round for ages of McQueen & Grant going. Maybe then they could add Hiku. No chance Roberts/Te'o.

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roberts has not done anything to command 500-600K. I certainly wouldn't pay that much for him. $300-350K sounds about right for him. If they shed either McQueen or Grant they could easily afford him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Roberts has not done anything to command 500-600K. I certainly wouldn't pay that much for him. $300-350K sounds about right for him. If they shed either McQueen or Grant they could easily afford him.
He was the centre of the year. He will EASILY get more then what he was currently on.

Also if Grant or McQueen is on 300-350k then LOL @ Souths. Titans offered McQueen 150k... He rejected it though still says enough.

Lastly if they can't register SBurgess then releasing McQueen or Grant certainly doesn't give them enough for Roberts. Simple maths. Being unable to register means they need money from a release. Not an upgrade.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Id buy McQueen asap if he is free... Too hand of a player and very good second rower in my eyes.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would pass. Would much rather of kept Finucane then sign McQueen.

I'd also rather wrap up Lane then sign McQueen.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would pass. Would much rather of kept Finucane then sign McQueen.

I'd also rather wrap up Lane then sign McQueen.
I reckon McQueen would add some good spark plus his other things Iv seen him do are a bonus haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Id buy McQueen asap if he is free... Too hand of a player and very good second rower in my eyes.
McQueen is one of my favourite players..dunno why though lol. Wouldn't want to add him to our current squad though.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
McQueen is one of my favourite players..dunno why though lol. Wouldn't want to add him to our current squad though.
Because he is good I swear haha, the way he plays and stuff is just good to watch.

How come? I know we need to fix our spine up though if he comes at a good price id take him as we have too many props for my liking plus who is available spine wise now, we missed too many chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.