James Graham is our Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 22305

Graham handed Bulldogs captaincy

James graham will become the first Englishman to captain canterbury Bulldogs on a full-time basis after being chosen to lead the Sydney club in 2015

Graham, one of the NRL’s most valuable and skillful front-row forwards, will be formally announced as the Bullodgs skipper at the club’s official season launch tonight.

Under a new leadership structure designed by coach Des Hasler, Graham will sit above fellow Canterbury forwards Aiden Tolman and Frank Pritchard, who will be named as assistant captains for the upcoming season.

Pritchard was a co-captain with Michael Ennis last season.

However, Ennis’ move to Cronulla this year opened the door for Graham to earn his place alongside a long-list of club legends to have captained the club including Les Johns, George Peponis, Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb, Steve Price and Andrew Ryan.

Interestingly, Hasler opted against choosing off-contract halfback Trent Hodkinson for the captaincy despite leading the team out as a co-captain with Graham in last year’s grand final.

Instead, it will be the hard-running forward from Merseyside in England who joined Canterbury in 2012, that will have the honour of guiding the Bulldogs in their 80th season and into their opening round clash next weekend against Penrith.

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
excited to see more of this when someone screws up

|
| view sig
|
v

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Graham has always been our capo

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think this says anything about the likelihood of Hodkinson being re-signed. He just isn't captain material (at least, not yet).

Last year's grand final demonstrated this.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Np guys, I might have something else hopefully soon, I'll let you know as soon as I know ok. Thanks for trusting me.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well he did get both parts of the statement correct
he stated jammer as capt and frank and aidan as vice so give the guy some credit ffs

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be cocky or anything guys& sorry if I come across like that but all I'm trying to do is give us some good source in here but I guess I shouldn't if it bothers some people

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frank Co-Captain last year.. Tolman captain of the Nines. Safe bet again.

I will judge him on one more piece of correct news.
sorry captain negative
take it or leave
dont bag the blokenor put him down
u give us some "safe" info that we dont know then

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
James Graham as club captain is a no brainer. I hope some of his passion, commitment and attitude rubs off on T-Rex.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs had to offer the captaincy to Graham. Because the last time a Pom was up for the captaincy & missed out on it, he went home like a thief in the night just like SOB Williams did - 1974 - Doug Laughton.

Just kidding - Graham is already a Bulldog legend.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be cocky or anything guys& sorry if I come across like that but all I'm trying to do is give us some good source in here but I guess I shouldn't if it bothers some people
Your info is most welcome here my friend. Don't let one or two trolls keep hold you back.

Any legit info is welcomed by the Kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.