James Graham - Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much wobbly leg do you need for it to count to be wobbly leg?

like if it is the smallest wobble ever i think its ok to continue
lol. Well when you wobble a pencil it looks wobbly but it's really straight so maybe it was the same effect?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad Tank was there to pull him away and have a word in his ear, it didn't look like Graham was taking it to well, or wanting to do the smart thing (shut up, go off and get the test done).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Michael McGuire having a whinge:
MADGE: There are rules in place re: Graham. It's in the games hands.
He should speak.. Dylan Walker was dazed from an earlier tackle and stayed on.

Graham himself said he was fine and just a bit stunned.

Tim Browne came off and did not return as failed the SCAT test.
Eastwood came off with 20 to go after a heavy knock and was rested.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was stunned for a minute and then shook it off. Did the right thing, went off for test and obviously passed it. Madge is trying to deflect his poor form team or just trying to cause shit because they got beat...hmm Madge, remember a certain pommy who broke his cheek and was obviously concussed in the GF and never came off and played the whole game. **** off ya clown!!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Michael McGuire having a whinge:

MADGE: There are rules in place re: Graham. It's in the games hands.

He should speak.. Dylan Walker was dazed from an earlier tackle and stayed on.

Graham himself said he was fine and just a bit stunned.

Tim Browne came off and did not return as failed the SCAT test.
Eastwood came off with 20 to go after a heavy knock and was rested.
Madge, I suggest you stop whining like a little bitch.

[video=youtube;sIs501ktFfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIs501ktFfQ[/video]

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was tested by a independent dr and allowed to go back on. End of story.
The wanker who brought it up in the press conference wanted to start shit and take away attention from us absolutely smashing the bunnies

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Someone on 2GB said the same right after the game, talking about taking away our 2pts etc. There people who just try to find every possible way to screw us.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He gave an interview straight after the game on the field and was 100% fine

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was taken off under the rules. Tested under the rules; and cleared by a doctor under the rules.
I agree 100%

I agree Chris...but the rule has been that if someone has jelly legs, then that is clear cut concussion and cant return...I am bracing myself as we have been fined before, is that correct?
James Graham left the field with the trainer and trotted down the tunnel to the derssing shed. When he came back to play he was fine. There is no logical way Greenberg or any other self righteous do gooder can prove Graham wasn't okay when he came back.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
i think we got fined or warned for jackson earlier because he didn't come off when he was concussed but there was like 2 mins left

graham went off and passed the test so he came back on... no issues

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only reason it stood out is because Graham didn't handle it well. Your fine? great...... you are familiar with the rules though, so get off and do what needs to be done.

Graham wasn't all that bright fighting to not go off, but he did, test was done, the end...... people can cry about it all they want, the rules where followed.

Loved his other call though:

Ref - You've given a few penalties here
Graham - No I didn't, your blowing the whistle, you gave them

Funny because its true........... that's how you subtly tell a ref to go **** himself, glad your learning King James, lol. There where some real light penalties called there, so very glad Graham kinda pointed it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Someone on 2GB said the same right after the game, talking about taking away our 2pts etc. There people who just try to find every possible way to screw us.
I'm pretty sure it specifically says in the NRL's stupid rule book that point deduction can only be considered if a player comes back on and has a match changing impact on the game or something like that. Unless they've changed the rule. I remember reading about it a season or two ago and thinking how dumb it was. Anyway I can't see them ever docking points for a concussion breach. The rules are too subjective and some clubs have been found guilty of breaching the rules multiple times and only copped fines.

Some elements of the media really will stop at nothing to try and stir sh1t up at our club.... Not to mention Maguire the whingeing, manipulative piece of crap.

I'm not saying I think he was concussed btw, but people have been talking about the wobbly legs indicator. What a crock. You can't judge a player to be concussed, because some observers with no medical qualifications thought his legs looked a bit wobbly. The only people who can really assess are doctors. If the NRL isn't happy to let club doctors decide, use an independent one.

But medical conditions should be diagnosed by doctors. That's basic common knowledge. Yet the NRL doesn't seem sensible enough to grasp it.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I failed the wobbly legs indicator a couple times this week......... turns out I wasn't concussed, just drunk.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Graham has had wobbly legs after a tackle plenty of times and played on. He is just one of those players that gets it easily for some reason but for some reason isn't actually "concussed". Sounds stupid I know but many of you like me that watch players closely would have noticed this throughout his time with us.......:grinning:

He passed the test by an Independent Dr so case closed

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a ****wit michael mcguire saying dogs should be investivated for graham getting concussed ,why get involved ****wit

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who is Madge to talk, when his team played the rorters Reynolds was concussed but later returned to the field?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wasnt Auva'a taken off for a concussion test after copping a accidental knee to the head.mit was quiet clear he was concussed.

pretty sure Graham, Eastwood and Browne were taken off for the concussion test with only Browne failing the test.

So which protocols to Souffs follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.