• James Aubusson

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
STORM hooker James Aubusson last night revealed he had been sounded out by several Sydney clubs.

After leading the Storm to a gutsy 4-2 win over the New Zealand Warriors, Aubusson, off-contract at the end of the season, said: "There's been a bit of interest.

"I'm sorting that out at the moment with my manager Dave Riolo. It's still in the real early stages."

Aubusson, the club's No. 2 hooker behind Queensland and Australian superstar Cameron Smith, had been reluctant to talk about his contract negotiations.

He said he had wanted to prove himself as an NRL player first.

Aubusson said remaining in Melbourne was his priority but conceded the right deal might lure him to Sydney.

The 20-year-old moved to Melbourne at the end of last year after failing to get a crack at first grade with the Roosters. His younger brother Mitchell, 19, plays for the Roosters.

Aubusson said he would discuss his options with close family and Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy.

He insisted money would not be the deciding factor.

"I love it in Melbourne," he said. "It would have to be beneficial for my footy for me to leave. I'm still learning my trade under Craig. I just want to learn all I can.

"You'll quickly find yourself on the street if (money) is all you play for."

Aubusson's value has rocketed with two man-of-the-match displays in two starting appearances for the Storm.

One of the fittest players in Melbourne, Aubusson also boasts an impressive kicking game as well as a tenacious defensive style, making a Smith-like 51 tackles at Mt Smart Stadium.

Melbourne travel from Auckland to Townsville today with the squad entrenched in a mini-camp in a bid to acclimatise ahead of Saturday night's clash with North Queensland.

They will be put through a recovery session this morning and again tonight in a bid to keep them fresh for the Cowboys game.

he seems to be a good player i reckon dogs should have look at him also stuart flanagan and Paul Aiton...

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol hes perfect

a young hooker

still developing

hasnt got 2 big of a price

seems like what folkesy talked about

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
OMG He sounds like what we need. Imagine him at our club ffs.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry guys but he HATES the Bulldogs. Utterly despises them.

Played here not too long ago and couldnt wait to get out.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Career
James began his career in Ballina before gaining a scholarship with NRL club the Bulldogs. After a short stint with the club, he moved on to the Sydney Roosters where he started 2005 in the Premier League team before finishing the year playing in Jersey Flegg. Season 2005 was a particularly good year for James' representative career gaining New South Wales under 19 and Junior Kangaroo honours. He also represented the Australian Schoolboys in 2003. James had a successful 2006 at Queensland Cup level, but injuries and the form of Nathan Friend meant he had limited chances at NRL level.

Preview '07
James is a player who can cover half-back, hooker or five-eighth. He progressed from the Roosters Premier League team in an attempt to grab an NRL spot. James will look to fill the role that Cooper Cronk played in 2005 as a utility bench player. James' great attributes are his defence and great passing game. He has great natural strength and is a fierce competitor. James is one of the fittest players playing the game and will fit into the Storm culture with a great deal of ease. With the departure of Nathan Friend to the Gold Coast, James will look to establish his place in the NRL 17 as a hooker and utility player.

B

BenjiDaGreat

Remeber when alot of you thought you were going to sign robbie farah LOL
you definatley need a good hooker hughes and perry aare pathetic i cant see why you dont play billy Ngawini or however you spell it, hes a better option then your current 2 hookers and aubussen is signing with souths so dont get your hopes up

H

Haztrick

Aubusson, then Aiton.

Watching Aubo's debut a few weeks ago, he is a skillful player who knows what he's doing. He has his head screwed on nicely for a guy with 1 FG game under his belt. His defence was awesome, as well. 30 or 40 something tackles I believe.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have Aiton over Aubusson just because of his speed.

We have been missing that around the rucks for a while.

Don't know a whole lot about Flanagan but he'd be the cheapest of the lot.

I'd be happy with either of the 3 TBH.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aubusson made about 51 tackles yesterday from all reports.

Very solid.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aubusson aint a fan of our club, so all i can say is piss off , we should go after Paul Aiton.

Matty B

Reaction score
Flanagan, if he gets an opportunity at a First Grade club he wont let anyone down, he'll be a good footballer.

dog mad

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he hates us with a passion i remember playing him a couple of years ago...absolute machine!! Dunno about now how he would feel about dogs now

H

Hazmak

Stuart Flanagan
Paul Aiton
James Aubusson

The above three hookers will NOT be signed or even APPROACHED by the bulldogs.

The reason their names have been mentioned is becoz various kennelers are wishing them over to the dogs.

Reality is, none will even be approached.

Status
Not open for further replies.