Jamal totally beeped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Don't forget guys, Ben and Jamal are the youngest guys in the top squad.

Their minds haven't been trained as yet to take harsh punishment to the body.

Beep tests are just as much mental as they are physical.
lol these 3 statements are so far from the truth its not funny.

1. Being young is absolutely zero disadvantage when it comes to running back and forth over a 20m distance between 2 lines. Perhaps it could be the difference between making 12.3 and 12.5 for example, but not the difference between scoring 11 and another person scoring 14.

2. Beep tests are perhaps the most purely physical exam you can do. There is zero thinking to be done. You literally just run until you can no longer keep up with the tape.

3. Beep tests are 99% more physical than they are mental. Having said that, anything that is physically demanding like the beep will inevitably also require alot of mental concentration, but the mental focus is not the reason for scoring a good result. You can't mentally focus yourself and magically score 13. If you are fit enough you are good enough, but if like Idris and Barba you have exceptionally poor fitness for NRL standard football then you will get found out (as they have been here).

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no suprise about ennis. hes so awesome best hooker the dogs have had in the last 15 years. Hope he plays his career out at the dogs

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree that they are young, but you would think they would realise that they have been given an opportunity that hundreds of other kids would kill for...to play 1st grade at NRL level. As a professional you would think that they would train by themselves in the off season, not as intense but still at a high level. Obviously Ennis & Hodgo are in this mould. They were probably out on the piss the night before and too dehydrated in the intense heat

C

chipandchase

Have you ever played league before. You need to be much fitter as a forward due to the much higher workload. They play less minutes but they make more tackles, more meters and can't bludge around the rucks.
you are a goose, have i played before lmao
mate every time i did i beep test, the first players that were always out were the bigger players, props etc. there are always some exceptions.
but a 5/8 and centre should not be the first 2 players out, they should be in last 10% to drop out.
if you ever done a beep test, which i am sure u havnt, its gets faster as the further you go, so you also need speed as well as undurance.
my point is, if Barba is seriuos about making it, he should be doing everything in his power to inmpress on and off the field. He is clearly not doing this, and i am one of his biggest fans.
but it is clear his attitude is not there. As Moore has shown, if the attitude is not there, they are not welcome at the club

C

chipandchase

1. Being young is absolutely zero disadvantage when it comes to running back and forth over a 20m distance between 2 lines. Perhaps it could be the difference between making 12.3 and 12.5 for example, but not the difference between scoring 11 and another person scoring 14.

2. Beep tests are perhaps the most purely physical exam you can do. There is zero thinking to be done. You literally just run until you can no longer keep up with the tape.

3. Beep tests are 99% more physical than they are mental. Having said that, anything that is physically demanding like the beep will inevitably also require alot of mental concentration, but the mental focus is not the reason for scoring a good result. You can't mentally focus yourself and magically score 13. If you are fit enough you are good enough, but if like Idris and Barba you have exceptionally poor fitness for NRL standard football then you will get found out (as they have been here).
totally agree and thats why i said earlier. it is very clear both Idris and Barba attitude is not where it should be.
Barba should be doing everything to impress on and off the field.

D

dogs_4 lyf

So because they didn't do well in a beep test, they have attitude problems?

Oh god.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Mate in 40 degree heat, A physical test is as demanding mentally as it is physically.

In that heat its not always who's fittest wins, it can also can be who is strongest mentally.

The greatest players/team in any sport of all time didn't always win because they were talented, they could also win through grinding and persistence. Thats mental strength :grinning: Although its a beep test it is just as demanding mentally as it is physically, when the going gets tough how do you keep pushing on?

C

chipandchase

Mate in 40 degree heat, A physical test is as demanding mentally as it is physically.

In that heat its not always who's fittest wins, it can also can be who is strongest mentally.

The greatest players/team in any sport of all time didn't always win because they were talented, they could also win through grinding and persistence. Thats mental strength :grinning: Although its a beep test it is just as demanding mentally as it is physically, when the going gets tough how do you keep pushing on?
mate you are missing the point obviuosly, they should not be the first 2 players out, it is that simple. so Hickey etc is fitter than Barba and Idris, they have massive problems

D

dogs_4 lyf

mate you are missing the point obviuosly, they should not be the first 2 players out, it is that simple. so Hickey etc is fitter than Barba and Idris, they have massive problems
How do you know Hickey was competing? Do we even know if the whole team was competing against them?

C

chipandchase

I give up dude. It's useless trying to talk sense into some people.
Slippery, have u played at a high level before? i guess not.
the point i am making and maybe pattenator, is that if their attitude was right, they would have come back to pre season training fit, like the obviuosly the other players have done.
If you are a fringe players like Barba, who does not have a contract for next year, what should he do?? train is arse off and do extra work to make an impact on the training paddock or do nothing and be come last in trainging drills?
get my point?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Slippery, have u played at a high level before? i guess not.
the point i am making and maybe pattenator, is that if their attitude was right, they would have come back to pre season training fit, like the obviuosly the other players have done.
If you are a fringe players like Barba, who does not have a contract for next year, what should he do?? train is arse off and do extra work to make an impact on the training paddock or do nothing and be come last in trainging drills?
get my point?
Wrong. End of story.

D

dogs_4 lyf

missing the point dude
Mate you don't even know if they had niggling injuries that has prevented them from going into off season with the right mindset. WE don't if it prevented them from training before they hit the off season training. We cant just assume they have attitude problems, and have a go at their mental state when they are both very young.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
i dont think so as u clearly can not undertand what is required of a professional footballer
Believe what you wish buddy. :grinning:

It's clear you don't know enough about how the human body works. I suggest you do some reading/studying before you make claims and incorrect assumptions. Is it your legs that push you on by themselves? Or is it your mind telling your legs, arms, your whole body, to push on that extra bit?

Step back and think about it.

C

chipandchase

Mate you don't even know if they had niggling injuries that has prevented them from going into off season with the right mindset. WE don't if it prevented them from training before they hit the off season training. We cant just assume they have attitude problems, and have a go at their mental state when they are both very young.
mate the younger they are the naturally fitter they will be.
mate i am a Barba fan, one of biggest, but he is coming across as a quitter, someone who is not prepared to do the hard yards and thinks it will happen for him. He hasnt proven anything and he needs to start this on the trainging paddock.

C

chipandchase

Believe what you wish buddy. :grinning:

It's clear you don't know enough about how the human body works. I suggest you do some reading/studying before you make claims and incorrect assumptions. Is it your legs that push you on by themselves? Or is it your mind telling your legs, arms, your whole body, to push on that extra bit?

Step back and think about it.
slippery i have done plenty of Beep tests over my time and if a centre or 5/8 is the first out, then they cant hack it.
Idirs i will make excuses for becasue he is a big unit, but Barba no, he should have been one of last handfull of players to drop out

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Chip...Along with plenty of other people out there, I share your beliefs that Barba doesn't have the attitude of plenty of other players in our squad. He comes across as the type of player who just expects to be there, rather than working his arse off for it.

But when you think about it dude, what is attitude? All mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.